Our BT Homehub light turns orange at least 10 times a month (from looking at log reset times). This has been happening for about 2 months now.
Anything I can report here to help diagnose why?
can you post stats from your hub
are you using test socket with a filter to see if that help connection stability
try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone
Hi there, thanks for replying
What stats from the hub would you like? There are many options in that log that can be filtered etc
We do not have a wired landline phone anywhere so can not test that really
Information for Helpdesk agents When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.
1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068342+NQ35034827
3. Firmware version: Software version 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.2 (Type A) Last updated 12/07/17
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 23:17:32
6. Data rate: 19999 / 76343
7. Maximum data rate: 26006 / 78527
8. Noise margin: 15.2 / 3.8
9. Line attenuation: 6.6 / 7.0
10. Signal attenuation: 6.5 / 7.0
11. Data sent/received: 1.7 GB / 49.7 GB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: xxxx
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: xxxx
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: xxxxxxxxxx
24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant: AA
26. Boot loader: 1.0.0
have you or are you connected to test socket with filter to eliminate your internal wiring as causing a problem?
you need to do quiet line test and a noisy line could be cause of disconenctions as @john46 said a £5 investment could save you £130 callout fee
I am in the process of finding a landline phone to do this test. Will report back in a few days to update.
Thanks everybody for the help, would like to get this sorted.