Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhatter2426
Contributor
Message 71 of 127

Re: HomeHub 5

Go to solution
That's what is written on the paperwork for it. Also the website only has drivers for vista, 7 and 8. Was on there last night.
0 Ratings
Resonance
Contributor
Message 72 of 127

Go to solution

I signed up to Infinity 2 and am getting it installed on 30th October. I should bet getting the HH5 according to when I ordered. I see someone on Digital Spy said they had Infinity installed and the engineer insisted on installing the White modem as well as the HH5. This worked OK, but when the customer tried to remove the white modem the HH5 wouldn't work on its own.

Is there some kind of setting that needs changing in the HH5 to get it working in its own?

This is the relevant thread on Digital Spy http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1900236

0 Ratings
ovett33
Message 73 of 127

Go to solution

Recontract for Infinity 2 or "Unlimited" Infinity 1 and you get a Home hub 5 for free. Regardless of how long you have had your current contract.

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 127

Go to solution

You just need to remove the white openreach modem, plug the cable into the hub 5 and wait. It can take about 5 minutes for the VDSL modem to connect.

Resonance
Contributor
Message 75 of 127

Go to solution

Ah right. Thanks.

0 Ratings
ecurbledeux
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 127

Go to solution

According to Wikipedia it already is!!

The 5th generation Home Hub was released in mid-October 2013 and is an upgrade to the Home Hub 4, featuring gigabit ethernet connections and 802.11ac Wi-Fi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Home_Hub

0 Ratings
rip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 127

Go to solution

I was given a phone number today in the hope of upgrading from Hub 3 to Hub 5 but was told that you cannot buy it on an upgrade as an existing customer like you can with Hub4. As I already had Infinity 2 and my contract was about to finish I just signed up for another 12months and got the Hub 5 included.

If you want the number it is: 0800 783 0338.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
k2150
Contributor
Message 78 of 127

Go to solution

skip this post.

0 Ratings
baconnugget
Contributor
Message 79 of 127

Go to solution

i currently on infinity 2 evening and weekends for £17.50pm if i want home hub 5 they said i can recontract but will lose the discount and will have to pay £26 for infinity 2 and weekend calls only.

If i did that could i just recontract again online to the shareholder deal since im a bt shareholder for £21 for infinity 2 and anytime calls once i receive the hub?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 80 of 127

Go to solution

Would you not be cheaper staying as you are and buying the HH5. It is going to be sold to existing customers for about £35 to £45. If you change you will be paying £42 more over the 12 month contract and loosing your evening calls if you can get to change to the shareholders deal.