cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
flipsix3
Message 1 of 6

Homehub 4 (Infinity 2) frequent Broadband disconnections

We've been with BT for getting on for 2 years now and, for the most part, the Broadband service has been great. Speeds are good and connectivity is (generally) good too. There have, over the years, been occasional glitches with the latter, but over the past couple or three weeks these *seem* to be getting worse. 

I am spending all day at home at the moment, which may make these things more apparent, but I'm seeing frequent disconnections - sometimes in quick succession (3 or 4 last night, in the space of 20-30 minutes). If I manage to remember to get onto the hub page in time (192.168.1.254) I'll generally see a message something along the lines of "your broadband username has changed..." (no idea why it thinks that?)

During these issues devices remian connected to the router/hub via wifi, it's just the connection from the hub to the outside world that appears to be dropping. 

Having read through some other threads I've done a couple of things: 

speedtest.btwholesale.com completed as per image below. 

I've also run a 'quiet line' test (on 17070) - mostly a quiet line, but with the occasional minor crackle/interference. 

Would welcome any thoughts on where/how to get started in trying to track down the reasons for these issues. 

BT Speedtest.jpg

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
flipsix3
Message 2 of 6

Event Logs

I'm not au fait enough with the event logs to know exactly what I'm looking for, but the following extracts are from around the time of the issues suffered last night...

log1.jpg

0 Ratings
flipsix3
Message 3 of 6

Re: Event Logs 2

log2.jpg 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Re: Event Logs 2

as you have a hh4 with openreach modem there is little stats you can post about your conenction as they are retained by the modem - unless modem is unlocked.

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
flipsix3
Message 5 of 6

Re: Speedtest Diagnostics

Speedtest Diagnostics

Download 25.94 (max achievable 27.76)

Upstream 8.79 (max achievable 20)

Test 1.jpg

0 Ratings
flipsix3
Message 6 of 6

Re: Broadband Availability Check

Broadband Availability Check