cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 51 of 66

Re: Homehub 5a restarting after update

If you don't believe me, buy the TP-Link TD-W9970 for 30 quid. Keep all the packaging and send it back if it doesn't fix the problem.

I promise it will.
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 66

I would listen to you, but if you look through the thread you can see I have two hubs, one that hasn't been updated yet, and I get the same issue
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 53 of 66

I read the thread. It's too much of a coincidence.

Go buy the router I specified from Argos tomorrow and take it back if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work I would be astounded.

You are wasting your time with BT. The routers you have are dodgy. End of story.
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 54 of 66

Ok, I'll give it a shot. Do you know if it's bt sport compatible as I've read some nightmares with third party router and bt tv

0 Ratings
Highlighted
HadesR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 66

" Is anyone able to tell me what could cause this "

The engineer I had out for the exact same problem had never seen or heard of the noise margins dropping so low ( His words not mine )

He did find a couple of Cabinet issues that we thought had fixed the issues ..

9 days uptime with a rock solid SNR of 6.7 ..

But then we had a power cut that obviously reset the New Hub and ever since the problem has returned:

> Noise margin drops until eventual DC. Sometimes over 2 days, sometimes 4 times a day.

It's frustrating as all Eng tests at the property find no fault ( 2 Diff Eng's overs 7 day period )

Atm gathering data before reposting a thread here and debating trying a Third party hub first though. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 56 of 66

I believe the latest firmware version supports IPTV. Mine shipped with the latest firmware or if the box.

Personally I use Chromecast for BT Sport so I haven't tested it.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 57 of 66

Yes that router will also prove that it's your home hub causing your problems.

Personally I would recommend investing in the cheapest possible rock-solid VDSL/2 model and using a mesh setup such as Google WiFi or Eero.

But let's get this problem behind you first.
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 66

Can't get to argos today as i need to look after my wife (bad day for her), however i've pulled out my old, white BT router that used to go with the HH3 and connected that with the 5 to see if there's any improved stability

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 59 of 66

It's unclear whether the dodgy software update that BT delivered will continue to affect the connection when a separate modem is used.

I would assume that your connection should now be stable.

You may need to unlock your openreach modem to unlock the line stats which will confirm that SNR is no longer fluctuating.

Hope your wife feels better soon.
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 66

Yea i can't see line stats or anything when it's connected, and as far as i remember from last time, the model i have can't be unlocked.

Time will tell though, if it doesn't drop i know it's better, but if it's the issue i think it is returning from when i first moved in this will make little difference

0 Ratings