Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 66

Homehub 5a restarting after update

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this incredibly frustrating issue. Since the update mid-july i've been having random resets of my router. I've read around and seen people with the same issue, however what they suggest has not worked.

I first of all tried to reboot it, no luck (same issue) and today tried a factory reset and the problem is still here. the resets are random, and there's no reason for it. Sometimes it can last 4-5 days, others 4-5 hours. Stats below, but one thing i did notice is that when it restarts it doesn't reset the data sent / recieved:

BT Hub.PNG

I know this isn't my line. I spent a long, long time dealing with issues when i first moved here which were finally fixed, and i make sure regularly that my uptime is stable. Before the router updated i would never have an issue (minus the 15 day OPEN RG bug). It would be up constantly for 15 days at a time without fail.

One of two things has happened here. Either the firmware installed is meant to do this, forcing people to commit to another 12 months to get another modem, or the update has simply broken a certain version of the Hub 5A.

Can anyone offer any advice? As mentioned above, i've tried both a reboot and factory reset to no luck!

0 Ratings
65 REPLIES 65
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 66

Re: Homehub 5a restarting after update

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 66

Yes, a quiet line test has given me nothing (it's quiet....so nothing 🙂 )

If i don't mention broadband.....what exactly can i say when i call them?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 66

As your line is silent then you won't be reporting a noisy line.

Had you had noise on the line and you mentioned broadband when calling them you would've been directed to the broadband faults team and not line faults.

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 66

Ok, I'll call them today when I have time and see how far I get.

Does no one else think the firmware update is the cause? It looks pretty black and white to me
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 66

Ok, contacted the broadband team on both phone and chat today.

They can't seem to get it into their heads that something is wrong. Line test comes back as ok, no noise on the line (as suggestred above) so they then stop the conversation there.

Any other tips? Not really happy that a firmware update is causing me issues. Should i just get a decent router?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 66

@Bicceh we'll be happy to take a look at this for you if you send over the your details. You'll find the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 66

Hi Neil,

Many thanks, message sent 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 66

@Bicceh no problem we'll be happy to check this out for you.  

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 66

Another thing i noticed is it appears the router stats are also giving out wrong info:

vs

Stats.PNG

Is this normal?

0 Ratings