cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spluff
Expert
Message 1 of 13

Homehub 5a update

Just wondering if all homehubs should have been updated to the latest firmware?

Mine is still showing:-

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 24/01/14

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Homehub 5a update

It took mine a couple of days after I connected a new hub with the same firmware for the update to happen to ...204

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 3 of 13

thanks mate but ive had this router connected for ages........... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

do you leave it connected 24/7?  if so you could try a factory reset and see if it then updates in the following couple of days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 5 of 13

i did a factory reset last week and still havent got it

Any ideas why not?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

It's still being rolled out
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 7 of 13

oh i see - so any ideas when it will come whats the time scales?

0 Ratings
stanleywinston
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

no idea what is going on now. The sticky post says that it is all rolled out now. Got a call from India today to check whether everything is now fixed but then they said that I hadn't had the update and it will be rolling out right through to Friday.

From the sticky post it isn't even clear if it will get a new version number as they are saying it's a config change.

It is so difficult to deal with BT if you have an issue because their support is shocking

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated 22/01/15

0 Ratings
Highlighted
onslow
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

@stanleywinston wrote:
It is so difficult to deal with BT if you have an issue because their support is shocking

It never used to be like this, Stan.   Not a patch on the Good Old Days. Before the Family Silver (G.P.O. and all) was Sold Off. 

Once upon a time, you'd phone 101 to report your fault; and within the hour, there'd be a burly gang of merry lads digging up the street to get you back on the blower.   There was still that Sense of Pride, Stan.

The G.P.O. (like the Royal Mail and the N.H.S.) was still a Cherished National Institution. Probably long before your time, Stan, but people would stop to salute the G.P.O. trucks as they rolled by.  A National Pride that alas is long lost these days, Stan.  You can partly blame that overseas outsourcing of BT support staff.

It's very sad but the rot at the post-privatisation G.P.O. goes a lot deeper than just the support department.   The engineering gangs these days are threadbare, too.  You see, Stan, without that paternalistic strong-arm of the Unions, they've lost that sense of Camaraderie.  Gone is that Comradeship that once gelled the lads from the G.P.O. together.

In the Golden Age of the G.P.O., the personnel management were famous for applying what they called Buggins' Turn.   There was Social Mobility within the G.P.O.   All employees were given a turn at doing any job within the G.P.O.   None of this nepotistic old boys networking nonsense of today.    Back in the 1970s, if you wanted a go at the very top job at the G.P.O. then, the world truly was your oyster, Stan.   You could rise as high as you dared.   My old mate Keith (RIP) off the G.P.O. was famous for doing just that:  for shinnying like a koala right to the very top of the poles - no safety straps or cherrypickers back then!!   Right to the very top he went.  That's why we called him Koala Keith.

THAT, Stan, is what we lost by selling off the G.P.O.; dedicated linesmen like Koala Keith (RIP).    I despair, I really do.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 13

Was that when you had to wait two years for a phone line?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings