cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 46

Re: Horrible ping spikes and packet loss

Go to solution

Hi @Taker44,

I've made some changes to your broadband service directly with our supplier. It's due to complete on Tuesday. Part of my  order is for a super stable service. I want to see if this will help you before we look into sending out any engineer. I can check in with you on Wednesday to see if you've noticed any improvement. Would this suit you ok? If my changes don't have the desired effect I can place an order to change you back to the current service within a couple of days.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Taker44
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 46

Go to solution

Hi Daniel

Would there be any billing/costs for this change for me? I just don't want to be hit with any additional charges on my next bill/s or internet package contact renewals without knowing.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @Taker44,

There will be zero additional charges for the changes that I am making for you. It won't affect your contract either. I won't make any changes that will affect the cost or contract length without discussing and agreeing beforehand Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Taker44
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 46

Go to solution

Okay, Daniel. I will wait and see if I get any improvements on Wednesday. Thanks.

0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Contributor
Message 35 of 46

Go to solution
@DanielS What other types of service are there? I’m guessing there’s super stable and a standard one at the very least but is there a speed one?
If there is, is it requestable?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 36 of 46

Go to solution

The speed one would make ping worse, definately not for you or your issue.

Highlighted
Message 37 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @JonathanAnsell,

Besides from the standard option there are two other stability options that we can choose. They are stable and super stable.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Contributor
Message 38 of 46

Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying @DanielS

Would it be fair to assume everyone is on a standard profile unless they have BT TV or like the thread starter it has been requested to be changed?

0 Ratings
akjmoran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 46

Go to solution
Hi Taker44,

If you don’t mind please could you let me know how this goes? I am having the same issues as you with ping spikes and if this request for a stable line over speed works then maybe it is something I should look to get. Thank you in advance
0 Ratings
Taker44
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 46

Go to solution

Success! I am reporting back that there is a complete day and night difference with shadow. I tried this afternoon and it is working so much better now. Absolutely zero packet loss. Before packet loss was constant. The ping spikes are also tiny now, just a few ms here and there which doesn't affect the experience. Before I was spiking every few seconds going all the way up to 200ms at times. It was unworkable before but now it's great! I will make a new thread if I get issues again but I think this super stable change seems to have done the trick. Thank you everyone for your help and advice.