Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
akjmoran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 46

Re: Horrible ping spikes and packet loss

Go to solution
Hi Daniel. Sorry to jump in on this thread but is there any chance you could do the same for me? For a very long time now I have been having the same issues as taker44 has described. Please could you possibly get back to me on what you may be able to do to help. Thanks
0 Ratings
Elya
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 46

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS

Would you be able to help me with a similar issue? I posted on another thread but I'll quickly re-summarise here:

Issues with latency constantly spiking whenever anyone watches or streams anything in the house making gaming unplayable, has been going on for a few months ever since upgrading to "Superfast Fibre Plus" - was previously on Fibre.

Have tried phoning customer support 4 times and have received zero help or interest in my issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 46

Go to solution

Hi Akjmoran & Elya,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community,  I am sorry to hear about your gaming woes and hopefully with the help from the Community we can help improve your gaming experiencing.

Its not quite as simple as applying a super stable profile, to your line, as a matter of fact your line may already be on a super stable profile.  While I appreciate that the issues you are having may look identical to that of taker44, in reality it could be completely different, and such is the nature of connection issues Smiley Sad

Applying a super stable profile is just one of the many options we can take to try and improve your experience, but it really depends on what is causing problems specifically to your line/connection.  There may be instances whereby applying super stable would have no effect or improvement for you.

First and foremost we need to rule out any other potential issues that may be having a negative impact, As such I would encourage you to start your own thread seeking advice from the Community.  There is a wealth of experience and knowledge on the Community from other customer who may be able to pinpoint where the issue lies.

We moderators are the safety net, so to speak Smiley Happy  If the Community is unable to find a solution then we will gladly accept your account details and explore possible options from our end to fix the problem.  We are a small team so having the community rule out the usual causes for broadband performance issues allows us to deal with the more complex faults.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
akjmoran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 46

Go to solution
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I made a post yesterday which is one of many posts I’ve had to make in the past 3 or so months to try and sort out this same issue. I have followed guidance from people such as the silent line test and I have had an engineer visit etc. I feel like I don’t know what else to do as no one else has found a solution? Is there any way maybe that a moderator could be referred to my post as although I appreciate the help of people on these forums unfortunately I’ve been unable to find a fix.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Elya
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 46

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO

It looks as though my reply to a previous topic has been made into its own thread(?), so hopefully I'll be able to get some advice there.

I'm just incredibly frustrated and at my wit's end as  this has been going on for some months now, and I feel as though I have received very little support or interest from BT. 

0 Ratings