cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vhdsl_user
Contributor
Message 21 of 22

Re: Horrid Infinity experience

Having read your posting I was a somewhat nervous customer when my infinity install came to instal my infinity system. Whilst not doubting for a second that your dreadful experience was just as you have described I can only say that my experience of OpenReach/Quinn was entirely positive. He was polite and helpful and installed a short run of cable around the skirting board from the master socket (which is in a bedroom) to a point adjacent to my computer. He needed 2 visits to the street cabinets to ensure that everything worked ok (including my house phone wiring) - apparently the cabinet in the road that serves the telephones was quite old and not of a type that he had encountered before. After he left everything was neat and tidy and working and continues to work a few weeks later. My main concern is the lack of simple access to useful preparatory information prior to the installers visit - by and large the information is on the BT website but you have to search for it. In my case I have Home Hub 5 and the VHDSL modem has been incorporated into the Home Hub - so no need for the largish BT modem to be installed near my master socket making it an extremely simple installation. Obviously the installation is easier if the BT master socket is in the same room as the computer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 22 of 22

Re: Horrid Infinity experience

It's a VDSL2 modem actually.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings