cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

How accurate is the speed estimate?

I just ordered Infinity #2 but the speed estimater said I'd get around 25mb/4mb. I asked the customer support if I could easily downgrade to Infinity #1 if that estimate was correct and they said yes so I decided to roll the dice and go for the top package just to be sure. I've read a few posts saying the estimate is always lower and I'm hoping that's correct? I remember the estimater saying I'd only get 6mb from ADSL but I had 16mb on Bethere.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: How accurate is the speed estimate?

The estimates are normally accurate, you do get estimates thare sometimes way off but are rare. FTTC is measured in distance to the cabinet and not distance to the exchange like ADSL.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

**bleep**, according to ThinkBroadband it seems pretty spot on. It's still double the download and quadruple the upload I'm currently getting though. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

I was estimated 65/18 at my old house but only got 45/18, and was estimated 11.8/1 at my new address but get 58/18. It really is luck of the draw! 😛 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

If I could get 39+ I'd be happy as that's higher than Infinity #1 so I wouldn't feel bad about taking a gamble. I just hope the install goes smoothly after reading all the horror stories about engineers not showing up.

0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

i was estimated 66/17 but  i get 75/17 so i'm happy Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I would have ordered the lower package as its easier to step up than down. If you line syncs at full speed then you know there's a good chance that it will go higher. I think you'll struggle to step down as your contracted for that amount!

0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Well I asked customer support before ordering and he said I could downgrade no problem, so if that's not the case and I was lied to by official support and I'd be extremely upset.
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Hopefully all goes well for you then! 😉 

0 Ratings