cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dicaprio45
Beginner
Message 21 of 503

Re: How can I find my cabinet number and when it will be enabled?

PC

Are you able to assist me?

I am on Hengoed Exchange living at postcode CF82 6GT.  Im with SKY for my phone and broadband but want BT Infinity as my exchange says its FTTC enabled.  I have now learnt that it still has to be connected (my line) to the local cabinet linked to that exchange, which i guess its not as BT website says i am unable to get fibre at this time.

Are you able to tell me what no. my cabinet is and any details on when/if i may ever get fibre.  Is there any way to get BT to hurry up or tell me more info about my chances of getting fibre?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 503

There is goodish news. The entry for your postcode is shown below so 96% of the lines in that postcode are connected to cabinet 6 on Hengoed exchange which is due to get done in phase 9a which is currently undated but expected this year and on avaerage speeds will increase by 3.2 times. This may change and the BT Wholesale Line Checker remains the best source of info.

SWHXMHENGOEDCF826GT{SWHXM}{P6}096%3.29aYesFTTC
0 Ratings
newbie_76
Beginner
Message 23 of 503

Hi,

Sorry for the repeated post, but I wanted to ask the same question for my postcode - MK40 4GZ

This is on a new housing development approx 2km from the Bedford Town local exchange. SamKnows shows the exchange as being FTTC enabled for the area, but when I put my postcode in the BTInfinity site, it says I cant get it yet, with no more information around reason why or dates for when it will be available.

Ive been keeping my eyes open for the local cabinet, but cant find it, and it's delivered to my door underground. Is there some new standard shape/design/colour from the old waist high dark green boxes? If not, its tucked away somewhere!

Im currently with Virgin ADSL, but again, I think this is actually through BT and being resold, as Virgin ADSL arent listed as an LLU supplier.

Current speeds are approx 0.5 MBps, and having checked the local comparison sites, it looks like all providers are in the 0.5 - 2 MBps range.

What I really want to know is, when is any planned switch over to Fibre for my cabinet, as I will be looking to get BT Infinity at that point? 0.5 MBps is really restrictive with all the on-line media available now!

Thanks for any help,

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 503

@newbie_76 wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for the repeated post, but I wanted to ask the same question for my postcode - MK40 4GZ

Sorry nothing seems to be currently planned for that postcode new developments seem to be frequently not included in the programme. BT announce more exchanges and cabinets every few months. Best plan is for you and your neighbours to badger your council over the issue. BT do listen to local councils.

0 Ratings
prashk
Message 25 of 503

Thank you for helping us with  this ordeal. I have been struggling with my broadband as well, and get only about 1.5mbps which is really poor. It would be great if you could provide some indication if possible for the postcode tn233lt.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Panmaster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 503

I can't even find my exchange mentioned once anywhere on the BT Infinity site. I really don't like BT.

"Ignorance is bliss"
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 503

@prashk wrote:

Thank you for helping us with  this ordeal. I have been struggling with my broadband as well, and get only about 1.5mbps which is really poor. It would be great if you could provide some indication if possible for the postcode tn233lt.

Using Samknows shows the exchange your connected to is http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search 

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NDSEI

But unfortunately using the Openreach document http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/where-and-when/

It shows.-

Exchange Name: SEVINGTON
Sorry to bring you the current Bad News.
--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
binky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 503

Little bit of info if your living in Westbury, Wilts. Just been down to one of the cabinets (Cab 😎 and the fans are now whirring away inside it and there's been a lot of activity by Openreach over the last few days with all the new Infinity cabs around the town so hopefully things are looking good for go-live by the end of March...crossed fingers and all that!

binky (SSWWS)

0 Ratings
lamplite1c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 503

Hi, this is my first post and sorry for hijacking the thred but I'm having difficulty finding my cabinet number to find our if it will me fibred up. All the phone lines are underground in ocean village but my postcode is SO14 3TP any help is appreciated
Robert
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 503

The entry in the December listing for your postcode is shown below. All of the addresses in the postcode are connected to cabinet 92 on Southampton exchange which was/is in phase 6a for fibre. Phase dates have got mixed up but it should be up and running or being installed quite soon. Check your number with the BT Wholesale line checker to see if you can order (postcode data can be wrong).

STSOTONSOUTHAMPTONSO143TP{STSOTON}{P92}0100%5.596aYesFTTC
0 Ratings