cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: How can I find out the exact start date of my current IP profile?

Go to solution

I did cancel my TV package last month but I wouldn't expect that'd change my broadband package as well. I'll try to call them first then. Thanks. Have a nice weekend.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

then I think whoever made the change in your package has made a mistake and put you on essential even though your MYBT shows superfast fibre 1 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Jolly,

I think I need help from the mods now. Called the options team last night but the CE transferred my call to the helpdesk as she said BT needed to check there's no technical fault. As expected, the helpdesk didn't even know what IP profile meant and someone just submitted a fault against my line, which has been working absolutely fine. I called again to remove that non-existent fault but it seems that it's still showing on my account this morning.

Anyway, I was also told by the second helpdesk staff that no one is able to change my broadband package if it's not authorised. That leads me to think that I might have been on the 40/10 package since the beginning of my contract. So I double-checked my order confirmation email (see below). It's ridiculous when the first helpdesk staff said the minimum guaranteed speed of my broadband package is 40mbps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 1
Your broadband will start by midnight on: 02 Oct 2017

How fast will it be?
We estimate your download speed will be between 54Mbps and 55Mbps, and your upload speed will be between 9Mbps and 10Mbps.

The minimum guaranteed speed you can expect from your broadband will be 50Mbps.

We comply with the Ofcom Broadband Speeds Code of Practice We'll always aim to give you the download speed shown, but if your actual speed is slower you should call us on 0800 111 4567 and we'll do our best to fix it. If we can't improve it and it stays that way, you'll be able to cancel your broadband contract without having to pay early termination charges.

How much can I use?
There's no usage limit on your broadband service, so you can use the internet as much as you like.

Your broadband service is packed with extra features. We'll tell you how to get them later in this email.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current Downstream BRAS rate is: 36.89 Mbps
I did an IP profile/bras check this morning and the results clearly show my package is Superfast fibre essential.

The current Upstream BRAS rate is: 10 Mbps

I need help from someone knowledgeable, as this has nothing to do with any technical issues.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

update:

I just had a BT online chat to remove the open fault on my line. I was then told that there were some issues within the exchange due to which the speed dropped to 36 but I was still on the 56 IP profile. She then cleared the issue and now my line it is on 56 again. She also asked me to factory reset my BT HUB to make the changes effective.

I will have to wait until I get home tonight to try it. Any thoughts about her explanation?

0 Ratings
ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Jolly,

Unfortunately, the BT staff on the chat didn't fix the issue and my line is still capped with 40/10. Could you please help?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

surprised the options team were not able to help you as they are normally very helpful

I have asked mods to see if they will help and they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @ipprofile,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've been placed onto the 40/10 package by mistake. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to get this corrected.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks Jolly. I've msged Paddy.

0 Ratings
ipprofile
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

I can see my bras rate is 50mb now. Thanks very much for everyone's help!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

great result - another success for mods

0 Ratings