cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

How can I get Fibre

D4137323-A156-40ED-B003-8BCC2042D50B.jpeg

I moved to a  rented house and haven’t  with any broadband provider yet. 
I checked online,the other houses in my street have  Fibre service but not me and my next door neighbor.

can anyone tell me who I should contact with and what should I do to get Fibre in my home? 
FYI, the basic broadband speed is very slow here, Sky is the fastest which is approx 3.5-7mbs. I do need Fibre. Please help!!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: How can I get Fibre

You should be able to get FTTC (VDSL) there but the Address Checker isn't always definative. I suppose you don't yet have a landkine.

See what broadband deals are available where you live from BT & see if it offers you any Superfast Fibre.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

No I don’t have a landline. But I tried different providers, none of them can provide fibre service.

the link you sent me showed The Guarantee speed is 2Mb,  estimate speed is 3-7mb

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

What product did it call it? That doesn't sound like Fibre.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

after input my post code and address,  only let me choose basic broadband service, and showed above speed. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

That'll be ADSL BB not Fibre. Looks like you can't get Fibre.

When you posted your first result from the BT Avalability Checker in your OP you did use the Address Checker & not the Postcode Checker? What is the Exchange name in the top line?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

colchester 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@kkksfamily wrote:

No I don’t have a landline. But I tried different providers, none of them can provide fibre service.

the link you sent me showed The Guarantee speed is 2Mb,  estimate speed is 3-7mb

Until you get a working landline, it will not be possible to see what broadband options are available, as the Openreach database would not be correct.

If other houses in the street can get FTTC, then you should be able to, provided that the cabinet is not full.

Please bear in mind, that this forum can only help, if you intend to place your order with BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

The checker screenshot shows a waiting list, which means the cabinet is fully utilised and there are no spare ports.