cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: How can I get my circuit re-routed to a new Fibre cabinet?

@SuperSajuuk wrote:
@gg30340 I saw it happening, end of and quite frankly, I don't care what you think, because you don't live on my exchange and clearly have no idea what is happening for the rollout in Scotland. Do you know where I live and what exchange I am on or is this just more speculation and guess work by you? Please stop insulting people who know more about the rollout in their local areas than you do, it's not appreciated and not wanted.  Please tell me how you know how much information I know or don't know.

@imjolly I'm not saying ALL older people don't need a fast speed, each area of the country is different. I'm just saying that, in our case, a lot of people getting their connections moved over to another cab implies that, for our exchange, means that uptake was very low so they needed to "boost the numbers".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 26

@gg30340 The rollout in my area is covered by HIE Digital. If you don't believe me, see here: http://www.hie.co.uk/regional-information/digital-highlands-and-islands/faqs.html

Here, I'll quote the section of relevance:
"Will the fibre network reach me?

We are also building hundreds of new cabinets to draw in clusters of premises which are currently connected directly to the exchange. In some places this means building two cabinets and re-routing telecoms, so it does take a bit longer."

As you can see, they are rerouting many premises to other cabinets so that everyone can receive the service, in case they are connected to a cabinet that won't receive an upgrade any time soon 🙂

EDIT: Removing unnecessary hostility.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

You are a very sensitive person: At no time did I say I did not believe you, all I asked for was verifiable information because what you said was contrary to what Openreach said. You replied with non verifiable information that you pulled together yourself. You then went of in a hissy fit when this was pointed out to you.

You have now produced the verifiable information that I asked for. Thank you.

EDIT: Your post prior to edit was seen and noted as has your editing it out.

SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 26

@gg30340 I have removed the unnecessary hostility from my posts, I should have provided the evidence, you are correct. I would have preferred people assumed that I was right, rather than assuming I was incorrect and took me at face value and not called my statements as "speculation" unless the evidence I had provided did not state such things.

You may not be aware, but Openreach doesn't play very much part in the rollout now, except to provide the cabling for a contractor to roll it out. They only covered the first phase, the commercially viable areas. All rollouts done now are mostly done by contractors, though some areas do have Openreach involved. Particularly here, the entire network is rolled out exclusively by KN Network Services (with cabs and ducting all placed by them): Openreach only become involved after the cabling has been laid down by KN.

EDIT: And yes, I did edit my posts, because they were unnecessarily hostile and aggressive. I redacted sections of my posts because I felt a reason to redact them. That is within my right to do.

/leaves discussion to prevent further issues.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

I did not make any assumptions prior to asking a perfectly reasonable question about if the information you posted was verifiable. The reason for that was that many people ask if they can be moved from one cabinet to another and the answer given is no. That answer will now need to be changed and if asked why, a reliable answer can be given. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 26

SuperSajuuk wrote:

Here, I'll quote the section of relevance:
"Will the fibre network reach me?

We are also building hundreds of new cabinets to draw in clusters of premises which are currently connected directly to the exchange. In some places this means building two cabinets and re-routing telecoms, so it does take a bit longer."

As you can see, they are rerouting many premises to other cabinets so that everyone can receive the service, in case they are connected to a cabinet that won't receive an upgrade any time soon 🙂

The re- routing could easily be read as the changes being made to the EO connection where the lines need to be re-routed from the exchange to the new PCP and also the new fibre cab and not that people were being re-routed from one PCP to another PCP so they can get fibre

your post regarding older people didn't say some therefore the assumption is you meant all. Just need to be precise and say what you mean

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 26

@gg30340 Ah right, that's understandable. Well the rerouting only really applies to those up here in Scotland (to my knowledge, I could be wrong about that), simply because many of the lines here are EO's / connected to cabs which won't get upgraded for a really long time.

I don't even know what conditions must be met for HIE Digital to reroute a bunch of people to another cab (especially as it was done in bulk across a large area) even though the cab they're connected to would eventually be upgraded.

I do think the stock response from Openreach still applies, as they specifically won't go and reroute someone in an established network. I am aware of a whole town which was on EO lines only and were routed to a cab just in front of exchange (per current rollout for eo's). That fibre cab has since been removed (it was placed in the most ridiculous place possible) but normal PCP still in place, though the fibre cab has been moved away from that bit and built next to a brand new pcp and is "live" for people to order for those few people actually connected to it.

@imjolly True, though mostly everyone on this exchange were connected to a cab, only a very limited number of people were EO lines (don't even think anyone was on an EO line here) and those people were the first ones to get fibre after getting their cab activated last year.

A year later (aka a few months ago), a large number of people connected to another cab were moved and provisioned for fibre. I know the local primary school was never able to receive fibre (as they were connected to cab 1) and could only get adsl max (no wbc), but now can receive that service (as well as wbc) as they've been moved to cab 3, along with a multitude of properties (hilariously, a bunch of building very close to cab 1 are still connected to cab 1 and not yet rerouted, though could be rerouted temporarily). 

You are right that the line I quoted could just be referring to EO lines, but in this case, I think it's fairer to say that people in some areas are having their lines rerouted to lack of takeup. Particularly as the cab barely had any takeup (to my knowledge) and now has a waiting list due to a sudden increase in people getting access to the service. I've also been in contact with them and because cab 1 is a complex cab to upgrade, they probably just decided to reroute people so they don't need to keep waiting.

And yes, I should have been more clearer, sorry about that, I've updated my post to be a bit clearer. 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

So the quote you posted about re-routing is not really to do with people changing cabinets but more than likely EO connections. That is not to say what you say is not correct just I don't think that quote is proof

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Sage
Message 19 of 26

The HIE rollout should not and cannot be related in any way to the roll out in the rest of the UK.

Both the funding and major requirements are different. Chalk and cheese.Smiley Very Happy

SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 26

@pippincp Of course, I only wanted to point out that the rollout up here is a bit different elsewhere and that people are being rerouted in our rollout: it was also to point out that, depending on the local BDUK rollout of the OP, they "might" be rerouted simply as part of their local rollout. I even prefaced my post with a warning for the user not to get their hopes up as it probably wouldn't happen to them, I simply wanted them to know some useful information as a fellow customer of the service. 😄

I didn't want to point it out simply to say that people can be rerouted on request, since that's not gonna happen by any stretch of the imagination and Openreach specifically are not going to do it. 😄

0 Ratings