Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelus3K
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

How can I request a DLM reset?

Hi, hope somebody can help!

I moved into my address about 18 months ago, I had a dodgy router which would drop out every 2 hours or so. Eventually I got a new router sent out and the line has been stable ever since. My sync has increased a bit but is capped at 40M and I think it should be faster.

How can I get a DLM reset?

Thanks,

Chris
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: How can I request a DLM reset?

Post stats from hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information. If hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

enter phone number and post results remember delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Angelus3K
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

Thank you!

Home Hub stats:

Product code: Smart Hub 2

Firmware version:v0.12.02.11078-BT
Firmware updated:Mon Dec 10 11:05:04 2018
Board version:R01
GUI version:1.53a 29_08_2018
DSL uptime:38 days,06 Hours14 Mins33 Secs
Data rate:12 Mbps / 39.998 Mbps
Maximum data rate:16.082 Mbps / 41.536 Mbps
Noise margin:8.6 / 3.3
Line attenuation:5.4 / 16.8
Signal attenuation:5.5 / 21.4
VLAN id:101
Upstream error control:Off
Downstream error control:Off

DSL checker stats:

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 76 54.7 20 16.7 49 Available Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 73.5 49 20 14.8 41.3 Available Available -
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Your attainable speed is only 41mb and your connection speed is 40mb with noise margin at 3.3db showing no scope for faster

however the dsl checker shows range 76/54mb so you are well below. Are you using the test socket with filter to see if that improves your speed even if you currently use a filtered master socket. When you connect to test socket post new hub stats

if no better then you will need to get engineer visit to see if there is something that can be done to improve your speed. There is no need from your stats for DLM reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Angelus3K
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Thanks for explaining that.

I’ve got an SSFPc which as you’ll know is the pre-filtered clip on faceplate. I could try the test socket but do you think it would make a difference with using that faceplate?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

I don't know but you are well below estimated range and if that does not help then you need to arrange engineer visit

Angelus3K
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Ok I’ve put into test socket with a filter. I haven’t restarted the Hub though, do I need to?

Here’s stats with just putting cable into test socket.

Product code: Smart Hub 2
Firmware version:v0.12.02.11078-BT
Firmware updated:Mon Dec 10 11:05:04 2018
Board version:R01
GUI version:1.53a 29_08_2018
DSL uptime:0 days,00 Hours00 Mins39 Secs
Data rate:12 Mbps / 39.942 Mbps
Maximum data rate:16.590 Mbps / 47.441 Mbps
Noise margin:9.0 / 6.3
Line attenuation:5.5 / 16.9
Signal attenuation:5.5 / 21.2
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Attainable a bit higher but connection speed still low. I think you need to get engineer visit to see if you can at least get into the dslchecker estimated range

Angelus3K
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

Ok thanks for all your advice. Do I need to mention anything specifically to the engineer or should they know what to do?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

When you phone customer services you want engineer as your speed from test socket is well below your estimated range