Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

How can I tell if I have been switched from ADSL to Infinity One

Hi,

Just had a non productive chat with the BT Customer Services.

My order to switch from ADSL to Infinity One was due to be completed on Thursday 25/02/2016 and according to my BT online accoint it has, except I am still getting connection sepeds which are the same as to what I was getting on ADSL ( average 9/10 MBS )

I had a look at the router connection info on my BT Home Hub 5, after I had rebooted it, results below 

DSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:     Connected      
Connection time: 0 days,00:04:41      
Downstream:     12723 kbps     
Upstream:     1151 kbps

Would this indicate that I am still on ADSL? Kind of looks like it to me, or is there another test I can do?

During my online chat with the BT Customer Support rep, she indicated that I need to wait for a 10 day stabilisation period, before I can see my normal BT Infinity Speed. However, my download speed throughout February when I was

definitely still using ADSL has always been 10Mbs mark rougly. Whilst the 10 day stabilisation period may well 

be somethng which does happen, I don't think it currently applies to me as I think I still am on ADSL.

In Summary

1. How can I can convince BT/BT Openreach that I have not been siwtched to Infinity?

2. Is there a BT helpline where I can speak to a person with Technical knowledge, rather than a customer service

operator who iis reading from a script. ( No disrespect meant to the operators, but I feel in some cases, I am more knowledgeable on the technical aspects of the issue than they are and I don't know much:-) )

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: How can I tell if I have been switched from ADSL to Infinity One

Yes it does still look like ADSL. What hub are you using? Can you locate the modulation type? For Infinity is should be G993.2.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

Sorry, I should have said. It is a BT Home Hub 5. Can I find the modulation type on the Hub Settings page somewhere? Thanks for your response btw. It is very much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

Yeah it will be in the advances settings menu. Perhaps in connection, or the troubleshooting section
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 31

Mmm.. Can't find that anywhere and have checked all the menu options in Settings, Advanced Settings and Troubleshooting, down every menu branch and into each menu item/tab.

Troubleshooting only has a link to downloading PC Desktop Help. Not sure if that would be of any use?

I have even checked the evnt logs for this info. I must be mssing something somewhere, as googling "BT Home Hub 5 Modulation" seems to throw up a whole bunch of links where folk have posted their line stats which includes the modulation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 31

DO NOT download BTDesktop Help. Is not needed on your computer.

You will find the stats by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk.

If you still can't get them use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

It should show an up IP profile of 10Mbps for Infinity 1 or 20Mbps for Infinity 2. If you are on faster broadband with fibre it will show 2Mbps.

bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 31

I think perhaps the fatc that I can't find these stats would indicate I am still on ADSL.

That seems to be what I can gather from other threads and other internet searched where folkd have been trying to find line stats.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 31

if you have a hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk and then what does it say a no 24 modulation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

speed_20160227_1002.gifprofile_20160227_1002.gif

0 Ratings
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

BT profile is set at 11.2, so I gues I must still be on ADSL?

0 Ratings