Re: How can I tell if I have been switched from ADSL to Infinity One

@imjolly

21.    Modulation:    G.992.5(ADSL2+)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 31

Confirmation 🙂

You need to raise a fault if the order has closed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Thanks @Webby. Engineer visit has been booked.

Just out of interest, where would the fault lie for this? At the cabinet? At the exchange or on my line?

Also would I be right in saying that the modulation should be VDSL?

Sorry for so many questions, but I would like a better understanding of this, as many others in my district

have recently encounterd similair issues. ( Infinity only became available in my town recently )

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 31

Ultimatley you haven't been switched over from the dslam in the exchange ( ADSL) to the dslam the cabinet (VDSL), so I guess both locations 😄

When you're switched over, the modulation will change to G993.2
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 25 of 31

@bl00tered let us know how the engineer gets on when they visit, I'm sure they'll be able to let you know where the issue is after checking things over. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Will do @NeilO

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. Very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 31

@NeilO Engineer visited and confirmed that I am still on Copper/ADSL but he can't do anything about it, as the order has not been passed from BT to his department (Presumably BT OpenReach?). I have been onto the BT Customer support about this to try and get them to pass an order through to BT OpenReach or whoever needs to make the cabinet/exchange switch) , and they insisted on doing line checks ( They said I was getting 58Mbs LOL! 🙂 ), even though I had told them that an engineer had just left my premiises and had verified that I am still on ADSL.  I am not 100 per cent convinced that my call to Customer Services has had any good effect, but they are giving me a call back on 3rd March. In summary, the problem and solution have been identified, but BT need to pass some form of order documentation to the engineers.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 31

asked mods to see if they can help  the will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

Hi @bl00tered,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
bl00tered
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Thanks @PaddyB Will do.

Just had a mate on the phone, who is experiencing the same difficulties. Seems a breakdown in comunication somewhere.

0 Ratings