cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

How can I tell if my lines been moved to a fiber cabinet?

Evening, 

I've been waiting around a year since I've moved in to be upgraded to FTTC as my current Internet only gets around 5mb down 1 up on a good day.

After pestering openreach as there websites has said it will be "coming to my area soon" for a year now. They have since looked into it and have says an engineer will move it today again depending on availability with the current Covid 19.

My question is how do I know if this has been done or not? My Internet speed is currently at a good 6.8mb which is good for my Internet but no sign of fiber speeds. My connection has dropped out a few times today but as I'm still working I've not been able to monitor this all day. Dose this process take a while to move a line into a cabinet?

My postcode is BH20 6NH. 

Thanks in advance for any help or anyone to shed some light. 

Regards

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: How can I tell if my lines been moved to a fiber cabinet?

Enter your phone number and post result.  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Openreach do not move your line from one cabinet to another just to get fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Thank you for the quick reply. I've done this but I'm unsure of how to post the picture up in this forum as I can't see an option. 🧐

Sorry 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Use the camera shown here how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Sorry it never gave me the camera option on my phone so have grabbed the laptop.

Capture.PNG

hope this helps.

thanks again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

As you can see from the results there is no fibre broadband available to you

was there a cabinet as well as your exchange shown at top of checker results

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Only Bindon Abbey exchange at the top beside my number.

Basically everyone in my area has fiber now expect my street we are still on normal 6mb broadband. 

Openreach have says we are being upgraded. Was ment to be today. 

See email from openreach. 

"I have checked and unfortunately due to a high work stack of repairs in the area an engineer has not yet been assigned the job to move your line into cabinet 13. I have been in contact with the control and they will try to get the job out to an engineer next Tuesday 31st March but this is dependant on having engineers available"

I don't have a clue how I check to see if this has been done or time frame ect apart from waiting like I have been. 

I do understand the current lock down has properly not helped. 

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

It would appear your line is currently directly connected to the exchange (EO line) and Openreach have provided an infill cabinet to provide fttc. You will be moved to the cabinet along with other customers when Openreach get around to it. You can't influence the process.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

Just keep using the dslchecker and as soon as you see FTTC available then phone up and place order

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Ahh OK. I didn't think that was possible given the exchange is near 2 miles from my house 😢

Hopefully they can sort something out. 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings