cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: How can I tell if my lines been moved to a fiber cabinet?

You can check to see if there is a cabinet outside the exchange or in close proximity to the exchange.  If as far as you say then fibre speed will be very low

original.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

If I'm connected straight from exchange right now thats prob why I only have 6mb but there is fiber cabinets around 500m from my house. So hopefully that's where I will be put as every other street around me has fiber already.

Thanks for your reply

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Hopefully so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Afternoon,

Update:- After checking DSL checker it seems to have now changed today and is displaying the following info.

Capture2.png

Can anyone please help me as to what this now means as it is now showing cabinet 13 and FTTP on demand which this never had last week (see 1st pic).

BT Website still showing normal 6mb available 😕

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

please delete your phone number as public forum

checker still shows no fibre connection available to you

FTTPoD is a business product due to high cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Ahh ok ive been keeping an eye on it and noticed it had changed that's why I posted.

It is now saying I'm on cabinet 13 now also which has changed as they first had me straight to the exchange.

Anyway thanks for the fast reply.

regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

then keep checking as moving from exchange only to a cab more than likely means fibre in near future 

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 19

Because FTTPod is available but VDSL ( FTTC ) isn’t, suggests you are now on an enabled cabinet but are just too far away from it to benefit, there is a distance at which ADSL from the exchange performs better that fibre to the cab, there is no point showing FTTC as available if it will be worse that ADSL.
If you are on a sub 10Mb download connection you could use the USO ( universal service obligation) to request a better speed, but if a mobile solution that delivers 10Mb, even if you don’t want to use mobile, is available, then that would be the USO satisfied.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Thanks for reply. 

Basically openreach website says Fttc is coming but has says this for the last year so I started to chase it up. I am the only street around my area without fiber just now and houses less than 100m from have it. I questioned this and they says my DP never went through cabinet and looked like EO however the DP supply's 15+ houses (directly outside my house) and they were awaiting the cabinet manager checking this out to see what was up.

I've not had an update as of yet however checking Dsl checker today it now says I'm supplyed by cabinet 13 which it never says a week ago so I'm hoping things are being sorted and I can get fiber shortly.  Cabinet 13 shows as a fiber cabinet so fingers crossed. 

0 Ratings