cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How can get BT wifi discs if I have a Smart Hub 1?

Go to solution

Hi,

I currently have BT Fibre Essential (with a Smart Hub 1); what do I need to do to get a BT wifi disc to extend my wifi? 

The only upgrade I’m offered when I’m logged into the BT site is for BT Halo 3, which includes a Smart Hub 2, but doesn’t seem to come with any discs; should I just order this and then buy a disc?

Note; I’ve tried power line extenders, and haven’t found them to be reliable, so I think these discs are worth a try.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How can get BT wifi discs if I have a Smart Hub 1?

Go to solution

Hi @ExoZed, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Check out BT Complete Wifi and you will find out all you need to know about the package. It does require the Smart Hub 2.

cheers

John 

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your response John, but after speaking to a couple of BT advisors, the best solution for me was to get BT Halo 3, and potentially add a single wifi disc if I need it...

Halo 3 gets me the new Smart Hub 2 for only £4 a month more than I’m paying for Fibre Essential; the new Hub potentially solves my Wi-fi range issues without paying for Complete Wifi, which would include up to 3 wifi discs, extra tech support and costs £10 more a month - I just don’t need all that.

If I still need to extend the Wi-fi range, I can just buy a disc on its own as they work with the Smart Hub 2, and this will still work out a lot cheaper than Complete Wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

another option would be to purchase a Smart Hub 2 from ebay or similar also saving a few £

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@lifeonmarsWhy would anyone waste money on an ISP hub? If you are going to spend then get  a decent router.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@pippincp Can you explain specifically why other routers are better than an ISP router?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

An ISP router is very limited in terms of configurability as it is a "one size fits all" solution for ISP's.

0 Ratings