cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 49

Re: How could BT infinity ignore this area of London?

For those connected to the Poplar exchange who still can't get Infinity there's a small article in the local paper on page 5. View the e-edition.

Docklands 24

Poplar exchange
0 Ratings
Jon81
Message 32 of 49

So I'm a little confused about when/if Infinity is coming to the Isle of Dogs, specifically South Quay. When I look on the BT website entering my landline number it says that it is not planned in my area and to register my interest yet Wholesale say the Poplar Exchange is upgraded and taking orders? I've called too but had a different answer that it is planned but won't be for 6 months - can you tell me what the correct answer is for the Isle of Dogs please? 

0 Ratings
Stutch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 49

Any idea what the situation is with Fibre or Infinity at Ability Place?
Trying to figure out what is the fastest broadband I will be able to get there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 49

Hi for personal security could you please edit out the address in the post
0 Ratings
Hutchings
Beginner
Message 35 of 49

In July 2010 the BT infinity checker said that BT Infinity will come on Sept 30, then the date shifted to December 31 , then to 31 March 2011, then to 30 June, then to 31 September and now it has shifted to 31 December.

I have not moved to another service provider because of the reliance placed on BT's promises. Had I moved to Sky last year I not only would have got better speeds than what BT gives, but also would have fulfilled the contract period. BT surely is intentionally misleading customers like us. They have no ability to perform any promise made (6 times) but do not want to lose customers.

I am very seriously considering complaining about this unfair and restrictive trade practice followed by BT and complain to OFCOM or Office of Fair Trading. Would request any suggestion from fellow cusotmers that have been similarly dealt in isle of dogs area.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
iss42
Beginner
Message 36 of 49

-> Hutchings

I have been following the BT infinity checker updates as well and seen them constantly moved back.

It's now over a year since the initial date was given.

[edit]

I am in Millennium Harbour, 18 Westferry Rd

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 49

Hi iss42

Just a bit of info to help you track the progress of the installation of a fibre cabinet alongside your smaller old Green Cabinet.

Btw If I was you I would edit out your address and perhaps just refer to a post code.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search  = Poplar

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LR {LNPOP}{p59} 0 100 5.9 5a Yes FTTC

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LS {LNPOP}{p59} 0 100 5.9 5a Yes FTTC

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LT {LNPOP}{p31} 0 100 3.98 5a Yes FTTC

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LU {LNPOP}{p59} 0 100 5.9 5a Yes FTTC

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LW {LNPOP}{p17} 0 100 3.81 5a Yes FTTC

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LX {LNPOP}{p31} 0 100 3.98 5a Yes FTTC

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LY {LNPOP}{p31} 0 75 3.98 5a Yes FTTC

LNPOP POPLAR E14 8LY {LNPOP}{p85} 0 25 1.75 5a Yes FTTC

I think your Post code is the one I've highlighted and if so then that post code is served by cabinet 17.

Look for a cabinet with cooling grills appear near your smaller green cabinet. Note at present it is only thee old green cabinet that has the number on it.

If the fibre cabinet is powered then you can hear the cooling fans running and this is a good indication of Infinity not being too far from going "available"

Picture below of a Fibre Cabinet alongside the old cabinet located at far right.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
AP101
Beginner
Message 38 of 49

I live in discovery docks (E14 9RZ). I can't seem to get any definitive answers about BT infinity.

I've been told the Poplar exchange is enabled, and I checked on the Samknows website http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker that my phone number can get BT FTTC.

However on the BT infinity website, I checked my number again (I have a BT line) and it says I cannot get BT Infinity. Called up BT, & got the same answer: that I cannot get BT infinity at my place. No further details available on why, ETA etc.

Anyone here knows whats the availability/ ETA for BT infinity at SouthQuay / Discovery Docks?

My current broadband speed doesn't even touch 1MB, even at offpeak hours. Frankly it's quite useless for most things apart from checking email. If there were others who faced similar issues in these areas, what did you do about it? I'd really appreciate any help - thanks!

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 49

@AP101 wrote:

I live in discovery docks (E14 9RZ). I can't seem to get any definitive answers about BT infinity.

I've been told the Poplar exchange is enabled, and I checked on the Samknows website http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker that my phone number can get BT FTTC.

However on the BT infinity website, I checked my number again (I have a BT line) and it says I cannot get BT Infinity. Called up BT, & got the same answer: that I cannot get BT infinity at my place. No further details available on why, ETA etc.

Anyone here knows whats the availability/ ETA for BT infinity at SouthQuay / Discovery Docks?

My current broadband speed doesn't even touch 1MB, even at offpeak hours. Frankly it's quite useless for most things apart from checking email. If there were others who faced similar issues in these areas, what did you do about it? I'd really appreciate any help - thanks!

Dean might be able to help, see his offer in message 13 and contact form in msg. 15 in the thread below.-

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Query-on-BT-Wholesale-Checker-Information/td-p/308681/page/2

May take 72hrs to receive a reply due their workload.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 49

@AP101 wrote:

Hi AP101,

You can try as PC suggested, but  you say you have been told that the Poplar Exchange has been enabled, but all Samknows website can tell you is :

a: Is the Exchange enabled for Fibre.

b: Is the Exchange Not enabled for Fibre.

c: Yes the Exchange Enabled for Fibre, but only some local green Cabinets have have been installed and commisssioned.

In your case Samknows is saying "c" only part of the exchange area has been enabled for fibre. You need to input your telephone number into the wholesale checker: https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html to see if your local green cabinet has been upgraded for Infinity.

The Samknows Checker is not actually a telephone number checker(even if you only input your telephone number) it will only give details about the local area.

Here is what it says for my telephone number:

Summary of results for 01268****** at 11:15 26/10/2011
Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
Click here to compare packages available to you.

However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.

The following services are available in your location:

• BT Wholesale ADSL
  • BT Wholesale ADSL Max
  • BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
  • BT Wholesale SDSL
  • BT FTTC
  • AOL LLU
  • Bulldog LLU
  • TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
  • Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
  • Virgin Media (Cable)

Inputting my telephone number, It tells me my area has cable, that is correct, my area does have cable for well over 20 years, but I do not have it , it is not available to me or to anyone else connected to my cabinet.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings