cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iss42
Beginner
Message 41 of 49

Re: How could BT infinity ignore this area of London?

Hi

The BT site has now changed the date again for infinity availability on my landline no.

It has now shifted to 31st March 2012, not sure why they bother giving a date.

Does it amount to false advertising?  They are in effect holding a number of people back from going with other suppliers by promising delivery in a timeframe.

Btw, 18 Westferry is the street address of the whole development not my personal address.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 42 of 49

Just wanted to know, if your postcode in terms of the cabinet has already been deployed, does this mean that all that needs to be done is the Fibre cabinet to be put in place?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 49

@iss42 wrote:

Hi

The BT site has now changed the date again for infinity availability on my landline no.

It has now shifted to 31st March 2012, not sure why they bother giving a date.

Does it amount to false advertising?  They are in effect holding a number of people back from going with other suppliers by promising delivery in a timeframe.

Btw, 18 Westferry the street address of the whole development not my personal address.

It's not false advertising as it doesn't say that it's available. All dates given are projections and are set to the end of the current quarter until a go live date is confirmed. As I'm sure you're aware there's many reasons why there are delays.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
iss42
Beginner
Message 44 of 49

Sure there are many possible reasons for delays.

But there also comes a point when giving a date, even if its only an estimate, becomes farcical.  Going on a year now since I have been checking and the date has now been moved back a year by BT.  That's poor planning or execution, at the very least its poor communication.  I have registered interest but never received any sort of communiction from BT about date moves.

We need to demand better and not blindly accept such situations as this by a major corporation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
iss42
Beginner
Message 45 of 49

@Aarong wrote:
Just wanted to know, if your postcode in terms of the cabinet has already been deployed, does this mean that all that needs to be done is the Fibre cabinet to be put in place?

I don't know I'm afraid, not sure where the cabinate might be.

0 Ratings
damian1000
Beginner
Message 46 of 49

Is there any update on this? I also live on Westferry Road for the last four years and only get 2MB/s broadband.

Funny how BT have forgotten about this part of London.

I keep checking the BT website but and currently says 31st December 2012 but everytime the date comes and goes without fibre broadband becoming available. The date then gets pushed back by 3 months!

I'm linked to cabinet P59 which is on the POPLAR exchange.

Does anyone know the real date (if ever) I will be able to get fibre broadband?

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 49

Im sure cab59 has been enabled. Theres a fibre cab next to it and its been there for ages.

0 Ratings
damian1000
Beginner
Message 48 of 49

Why then when I try the BT availability checker I get the following:-

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 55.7Mbps and upstream line speed of 18Mbps.

I guarantee this will change again (as it has for the last couple of years) to 31 March 2013 in a week or two. 

When I go to open reach website I get this: -

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

This marker shows cabinet: P59
Which is linked to exchange: POPLAR
Please note: This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide fibre broadband services to your postcode. We're sorry but it’s taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service.

The problem with this exchange has been going on for a number of years, why is it taking so long to resolve?

I see from previous forum questions that a lot of other people have had problems with the Poplar exchange as well. When is BT going to get its act together and fix this?

0 Ratings
KevG123
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 49

Just moved into Cascades Tower which is next to P59 (Poplar Exchange, old and new cabinet) as I'm working in the area for awhile

struggling to get more than 2.5Mb from my new install so been looking into this

Latest at the wholesale checker with my number it says March 2014!

With the postcode its March 2013

Asked the BT engineer and he confirmed the cab not FTTC enabled and only has 100 pairs apparently

0 Ratings