cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emma09
Beginner
Message 1 of 49

How could BT infinity ignore this area of London?

While most of the London area have BT infinity available, Isle of dogs is not even on the waiting list. Here are so many new high rise buildings up these years with a high density of population, many of which are young professionals who have adequate income and  great demand for high speed internet needed for online movie or gaming. I just wonder why the internet infrastructure is so poor in this area where so many potential customers cannot get the bandwidth they need? 

Isle of dog, including Heron Quay and South Quay is an area definitely be worth investing and BT need to consider puting it on the list as soon as possible....  

0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 49

Re: How could BT infinity ignore this area of London?

I presume that your exchange is Poplar (ie E14)? If so then you are scheduled to get FTTC (fibre) by 1st March 2011, so not long now - however, dates have been known to change.

RFS date set : 01/03/2011 (from SAM Knows website)

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Frank_Rizzo
Message 3 of 49

This exchange has been upgraded now.  I'm on the Poplar exchange and got BT Infinity yesterday.  Download speed 25mb and upload speed 1.6mb over wireless.

0 Ratings
david536
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 49

Does anyone know how to order BT Infinity in Poplar? Sam Knows says it is activated in my area, BT website says March 31st. Is it by invite only? There is a big green cabinet right outside my front door 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 49

keep checking the bt site your local cabinet has most likely not activated yet they are saying 31st march that is the date set
david536
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 49

can't they just turn the shiny new cabinet on barchester street on? the road has been filled back in . Would be lovely to experience Infinity briefly before the Lansbury Estate Residents across the road start thinking it's too new and shiny and try to have a look inside incase the contents could fund their habit for a week.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 49

final installation and commissioning may not be complete yet it contents are no safer when it is activated then when they are not active just a matter of patience
emma09
Beginner
Message 8 of 49

Thank you all for the information. I live in South Quay and the exchange is Poplar. I just checked the BT infinity line checker, but it still says:

"BT Infinity is not currently due to be rolled out in your area.Register and we will keep you up to date about the BT Infinity rollout." Neither did it give me any information as of when the service will be available in my area.

But when I tried a nearby postcode(also with Poplar exchange), and it shows that the infinity is available now. I am just wondering why?

Many thanks again.

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 49

I wonder if you have a BT telephone number?

If you do, try entering it in the BT wholesale site http://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

As I believe it is a more accurate check compared to a Post Code search.

A result from it could include "Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 1st July 2011. Our test also....."

PC (Desperately seeking Summer)

Edit from David's post a few above.-

"Would be lovely to experience Infinity briefly before the Lansbury Estate Residents across the road start thinking it's too new and shiny and try to have a look inside incase the contents could fund their habit for a week."

Are the PCB's in the cabs still made with Gold contacts? if so Shhhhhhhh we best keep that a secret..... Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 49

Not all cabinets are activated and some cannot be just a matter of waiting
0 Ratings