cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emma09
Beginner
Message 21 of 49

Re: How could BT infinity ignore this area of London?

From john46

"This is because not every BT green street cabinet is enabled or can be enabled and they are certainly not all done at once they are upgraded in phases as they are upgraded they are then activated this applies at every exchange across the UK that is currently for infinity it is a matter of patience"

Hi John, Thanks for the info. But how do I get any info as of wether my local cabinet can be enabled or not and I even wonder if I have ever seen such a green box near the building I am living in.....Is there anyway I can know if my local cabinet has any possibility of being upgraded? (or maybe the cabinet simply cannot be enabled at all, and I would just be waiting for something that would never happen).  I can be patient but only if I know there is the possiblity.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 49

To be honest It is a matter of wait and see there is know way of finding that out normally when there is an existing green BT cabinet the new infinity cabinet is next to it or very close basically any thing is possible
0 Ratings
bookmaniac
Message 23 of 49

I've got a letter from BT saying Infinity is in my area (Poplar/Narrow Street).

I called BT the next day but been told it must have been a mistake because it is not available yet.

0 Ratings
david536
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 49

Poplar has been delayed until the Summer at the earliest. Don't expect to see it anytime soon.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 49

david536 sorry your information is incorrect Poplar is accepting orders now as per this link http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/downloads/fttc_pot_exchs.pdf however not all cabinets are yet activated and some may not be able to be for technical reasons
0 Ratings
david536
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 49

Poplar broadband checker results 

8.0MbNow
37.2Mb download
8.6Mb upload
30-June-2011
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 49

The link i provided is that of openreach who are responsible for the installation of Infinity not all cabinets are being commissioned at once hence the difference in dates like many exchanges switch on is in phased sections
0 Ratings
richierich
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 49

From advertised 8mbit/s is now only 4mbit/s

so it means that in summer we will have about 20mbit/s down and 4mbit/s upl....
0 Ratings
david536
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 49

Poplar is now part of the Virgin Media New Build Team according to a letter I received today and so an alternative is about to be installed.

0 Ratings
adb968008
Message 30 of 49

0 Ratings