cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

How do I check that FTTP is recorded as being installed at my address?

I've had FTTP with BT for a couple of years now and I get 300MB.  My contract is ending soon and I wanted to see what speeds are out there so I used a comparison site.  They have some great offers on 500MB and even 950MB that are MUCH cheaper than what I'm currently paying but when I go to the ISP's actual site and put my post code in I'm getting told that I can only get speeds up to 60MB etc and no fibre options.

Does anybody know if there is a record somewhere in BT/Openreach that possibly hasn't been updated to say I have FTTP at my address?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: How do I check that FTTP is recorded as being installed at my address?

A post code check is not accurate because it covers a wide area and is not specific to an address. You would be better to use an address checker rather than a post code checker or if you still have a non digital phone line use the phone checker for the most accurate check.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thanks, but the postcode checker lets me choose my actual house number so I still feel something has been recorded incorrectly, just not sure how to fix it, has to be wrong somewhere but not sure if it would be Openreach or BT?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

As you can obviously get FTTP from BT it would appear that both BT and Openreach have the correct information recorded otherwise it would have shown it was not available at your address and as such you would not have been able to order it and ultimately have it installed. 

Have you checked using the BT checker or are you using a different checker. If not using the BT checker you should try that.

You should also keep in mind that just because FTTP is available at your address not all ISPs have taken up the offer to supply it so it may be that no ISP other than BT is selling that product and as such the best that the other ISP can offer is FTTC which is a slower product.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Thanks but BT and Openreach were the ones who installed the FTTP at my premises so your first point isn't correct.  I have been with them since which is why I'm wondering if something hasn't been updated properly somewhere, when I check what's available in my area lots of ISPs can give me 500MB or 950MB but when it's narrowed to my actual address it drops to pre-FTTP speeds and according to Openreach I can get up to 1GB, I'm just wondering how this is recorded so I can check whether or not it's correct.

I literally would just like to know how this is tracked or recorded.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

How is my point about BT and Openreach having installed your FTTP in the first place incorrect? When Openreach install the FTTP cable, they then offer it to all ISPs as being available only then can any ISP offer the product to the customer. BT took up that offer and connected you and subsequently bill you for the product therefore they must have the information that your property has FTTP.

You should call the ISPs that are not offering it and ask them why not.

As I have already said, what does the BT checker show? If it shows FTTP then it is recorded correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

When I go to another provider and try to order a product it tells me that "full fibre has not been connected to your home yet".

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

BT do not hold a different database of which properties are able to get FTTP, they get the information about what properties can be supplied from Openreach in the same way as all the other ISP that use the Openreach infrastructure.

You have not answered my question about the BT checker.

You will need to get your chosen provider to get their records from Openreach updated.

As I have already stated, not all ISPs provide FTTP. Have you actually called your chosen ISP to ask if they can supply FTTP to your property and if not why not?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Are the other providers using the Openreach network or other alt nets?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

just depends on what providers you are considering

try address here

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings