cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: How do I check that FTTP is recorded as being installed at my address?

the other provider is using Openreach, I've already contacted them, waiting for them to get back to me

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

@mem295 wrote:

Thanks but BT and Openreach were the ones who installed the FTTP at my premises so your first point isn't correct.

Did you actually read what was written? They couldn't have installed it if the information was incorrect.

Message 13 of 17

Did you read my previous reply, BT installed FTTP, before that I didn't have FTTP so of course they wouldn't have seen it as FTTP because it wasn't, they were the ones who installed it for me and therefore should have updated any records to reflect that it is now FTTP which it isn't showing as several years later.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

as has been posted already BT did NOT install your FTTP that was done by openreach and it was available to all ISPs and you chose to take out a contract with BT Retail.  as installers of FTTP openreach must have the correct records and BT Retail must have the correct records as they keep billing you for the use of FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 17

But BT couldn't have provided FTTP if Openreach  records didn't show it was available at your address. ISPs don't check if FTTP is physically provided at a property, they just check to see if the necessary infrastructure is there to provide it, as BT did. Ergo, the records must show it is available.

Message 16 of 17

@mem295 wrote:

Did you read my previous reply, BT installed FTTP, before that I didn't have FTTP so of course they wouldn't have seen it as FTTP because it wasn't, they were the ones who installed it for me and therefore should have updated any records to reflect that it is now FTTP which it isn't showing as several years later.

If you can not be bothered to read and comprehend what I and others have posted then there is no point in continuing on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

As already stated , Openreach ( not BT ) installed your FTTP and made it available to all ISP’s that want to offer service over it , you chose BT ( even initially you had a choice of providers , that choice  is greater now than a few years ago , because some  ISPs that originally ignored OR FTTP now chose to consume these OR products ) 

Because BT used the common OR records to get you connected, it proves  the ‘records’ were fine , otherwise BT wouldn’t have been able to get  you connected ….

You say you have checked comparison sites and can see cheap FTTP offers , but when going to the individual ISP’s websites , you are only offered slow speeds ….there are many ISP’s that don’t have comprehensive nationwide coverage , so in one area or region  they may be able to connect someone to OR FTTP ( because they invested in cable links in that area ) but in another area or region they cannot , and they only offer ADSL/VDSL because they haven’t yet ( or don’t intend to ) invested  in the required cable links in that area , (cable links essentially are a connection from OR equipment into the ISP own  ‘network’ ) so the headline on the comparison site no doubt has a disclaimer about coverage  …..or it could be you looked at ISP’s that can offer FTTP via Alt Nets , but they don’t use OR , so if your property only has FTTP from Openreach, then these ISP’s , although on comparison sites , are of no use to you.

You need to be more specific, post your result from the DSL checker ,

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Give an example of an ISP that offers FTTP over OR ( check on the OR website for ISP’s that consume OR FTTP ) but cannot service your address

0 Ratings