cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How do I connect to the new exchange

Go to solution

I live in a rural area and get very slow broadband speeds, in fact we're in the bottom 5% of the country averaging at well under 1mb. We're currently over 2 miles from our exchange and are still on copper which doesn't help. BT have installed a new exchange 150 yards up the road around 6 months ago and have installed fibre cable from the exchange to the telegraph poles outside our house. I keep checking openreach to see when I can get fibre but it only shows the current exchange, which is fibre enabled, but won't allow me to order fibre. I phoned BT, but they can't see the new exchange on their system and just directed me to the openreach site. How do I find out when the new exchange goes live?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I connect to the new exchange

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number     https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

2018-11-26_14-22-42.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

did your phone number not work in the checker?  if not are BT Retail your service provider? or someone else?

by new exchange I assume you mean a new roadside cabinet

There is nothing any ISP can do about the cabinet you are connected to as that is solely the responsibility of openreach   only openreach has the ability to change cabinets and they may or may not connect you to the closer cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

BT isn't my current BT provider, yes sorry, I believe it's a roadside cabinet.

Guessing there's no point requesting a move with Openreach? From doing some research look like I have to sit tight, cross my fingers and just hope I get move over... thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@mbaconuk

Guessing there's no point requesting a move with Openreach? From doing some research look like I have to sit tight, cross my fingers and just hope I get move over... thanks for the help.

that about sums it up 

0 Ratings