cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisB
Expert
Message 1 of 9

How do I contact BT to make a complaint by email?

Can a moderator help? In April I upgraded to BT Infinity 2 based on the following data from the availability checker:

FTTC Range A (Clean)73.4542016.5
FTTC Range B (Impacted)64.835.12010.7

When it was installed my router stats showed around 50/11 and has stayed like this for nearly three months. I hoped that the speed would moved upward; it hasn't.

I've just re-checked the availability checker and the following is now showing:

FTTC Range A (Clean)49.93511.87.2
FTTC Range B (Impacted)42.824.711.85.2

Clearly this is much closer to the truth.

My gripe is that if I'd known this I'd have gone for BT Infinity 1 and saved about £12 a month. It seems I've been mis-sold. Can a moderator put me in touch with someone who can sort this out?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I contact BT to make a complaint by email?

Hi ChrisB,

What was your actual point of sales speeds quoted to you when you signed up to the service? You'll find this in the the order confirmation email you received.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 3 of 9

The speed quote in my confirmation email was 54/16.5. I use the cloud a great deal and was more interested in the upload speed that is now less than 67% of the speed quoted in my email and only 16% more than the Infinity 1 speed. The download speed isn't so far off the one quoted. I think I have an argument for a mis-selling. With an 18 months contract this is over £200 if the difference between unlimited Infinity 1 and Infinity 2 is £12 a month.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 4 of 9

PaddyB have you come up with a solution? Is there someone I can talk to about this?
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 9

Hi ChrisB, 

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry that your speeds are lower than they should be. I would like to take a look into this for you. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Wow Chris, they do disappear quickly when your info points to their cockup.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@ chrisb until you contact the mods using the contact link they posted you will not get a reply from them offering you help
0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 8 of 9

I've done so and have a case number.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

You are now in a queue with other customers waiting for mod help all of whom think their problem should get priority hence why mods reply to email in order that they are received. It can take 3/5 working days at present - mods reply probably said 24/48hrs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings