cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How do I find my broadband service ID?

Getting really hacked off with BT. After about 8 years excellent Infinity service via Fibre 1 and 2, since a new cabinet was installed alongside my existing cabinet about 18 months ago, the reliability and speed of my broadband has plummeted.

To cut a long story short, my records show line speed deteriorating from over 50mb DL to now sub 40.

I need my Broadband Service ID (BBEUXXXXX) to perform BT diagnostics according to the BT Performance Tester page. How do I find this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I find my broadband service ID?

try selecting phone number and then enter phone number to run advanced test   just tried but as usual system not working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. Tried that before but it wouldnt accept it. It has now and this is totally unacceptable. Its saying my line profile is 38.97mb on a line that happily supported 50mb not long ago and until the new faceplate was fitted was around 46mb. Looks like Im giving BT CS both barrels tomorrow!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Post the connection stats from the hub5 Troulbleshooting/helpdesk.For HH6/Shub Advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@pippincp 

tried that before and just ignored   https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Absolutely-hopeless/m-p/2148111#M323755

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 7

@imjolly  Thanks, missed it was our clueless IT expert again.

@curiousfellow  You can get your sevice ID by ringing 150 and waiting a couple of hours to ask customer services.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@imjollyThanks for your input yet again. Since you posted it's a 'customer to customer' forum, it does provide much more info than I can already glean from my hub stats. Good grief, you'll be telling me to check there's no extension wiring in my circuit and am I plugged into the BT socket near to where the line comes into the house?!

@pippincpNot certain who you are referring to as our 'clueless IT expert.' No, I didnt have the pleasure of serving in 1st line support but had a self employed career in IT testing for over 25 years.

0 Ratings