cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somersetbob
Contributor
Message 21 of 38

Re: How do I find out when my cabinet will be upgraded?

Same here, three cabinets within 1000m, one is upgraded the other two not (I bet you can't tell which I'm on 🙂 ). Can I find out if the other two will be upgraded any time soon from anywhere? Rhetorical question, of course you can't, BT Retail don't know and Openreach are unreachable.

The Openreach ADSL checker is good for one thing though, it tells you which cabinet you're connected to. Having checked my local area the two not currently upgraded serve only a small number of houses on the estate. My guess is we'll be left out!

So we have a town with one exchange (Yeovil) which is FTTC enabled and accepting orders but many in the town will be left behind in all likelihood. No hope of BDUK funding for us either.

Will Openreach open up with information please?!!

Now who's my MP? (I do know :-)).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 38

send them an email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk with your phone number and cabinet and you will get an email back from a person with a date if available for your cabinet.  the automated system checker seems fine foe when is the exchange upgraded but if your exchange has already been done then I found this was best way to get up to date information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 38

Openreach will not release commercially sensitive material cabinets are upgraded in phases those not upgraded now may well be in future phases
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 24 of 38

@imjolly wrote:

send them an email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk with your phone number and cabinet and you will get an email back from a person with a date if available for your cabinet.  the automated system checker seems fine foe when is the exchange upgraded but if your exchange has already been done then I found this was best way to get up to date information

There is no need to email Openreach anymore, the dates will be shown on the BT Wholesale checker and Openreach won't release any information until they have to ISPs so it's pointless.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 38

@ryant704 wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

There is no need to email Openreach anymore, the dates will be shown on the BT Wholesale checker and Openreach won't release any information until they have to ISPs so it's pointless.

in my particular case I got more up to date information from emailing and receiving an up to date position than I did using the wholesale checker.  as I said maybe it was just my situation as my exchange has already been upgraded but why have the facility if openreach don't want you to use it.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 26 of 38

Openreach will reply to an enquiry to  nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

0 Ratings
Highlighted
somersetbob
Contributor
Message 27 of 38

I'll have to try email as the checker doesn't say anyhthing and I know of one cabinet that is showing a due date of March. Could just be bad news.

0 Ratings
Justices
Message 28 of 38

Exchange ABINGDON is served by Cabinet 27

"FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry delivery of a power supply to your cabinet is currently delaying progress. Please bear with us."

Latest estimate: 31 March 2014

More lies

0 Ratings
bn3
Message 29 of 38

@ paddyB   sorry for reserecting an old thread but are you still offering info to people on cabinate upgrades?

i am not a current customer of bt but i want to switch but only once infinaty is available to me.
i am on the scunthorpe exchange that is acsepting orders and most of the streets around mine have infinity but from a diffrent cab   my street is on cab 37 (post code dn162sy)   

numerus phone calls to bt and open reach resulted in no one beeing able to give me any infomation on when the cab would get upgraded 

can you help?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 30 of 38

email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask them
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings