cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

How do I get BT to take repairing the fault on my Broadband seriously?

Our fibre broadband went down on Monday 24 January and hasn't been repaired since. I have done numerous online chats but nothing has happened and to be honest I am just being fobbed off. On Tuesday 1 Feb I was told it would be repaired by Midnight, on the 2nd that it would be fixed by 18.00 and yesterday the supposed engineer's visit between 13.00 and 18.00 simply didn't happen despite BT marking the fault as 'engineer's visit complete'. I am now told that an engineer will call today before 13.00 but having been lied to about yesterday's visit I am not holding my breath that anyone will turn up. I am beyond frustrated and don't believe BT take faults seriously, the call centre staff work off a script and don't answer awkward questions as to what the fault is, why it hasn't been repaired and why they keep lying. Any suggestions as to how to be taken seriously and get someone take responsibility for repairing our fault?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: How do I get BT to take repairing the fault on my Broadband seriously?

I assume you are a BT broadband customer.  is it just your connection or is there problems with connections in your area?

does your landline have a dial tone?  if not you should be reporting a phone fault not a broadband fault

if you go to help at top of community page there you can report or track a fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Thanks.

We don't have a landline.

It seems to be just our connection. A neighbour had fibre installed 2 days after ours went down and his is working albeit his speeds aren't what they should be. I am told the issue is with the light splitter in the ground box at the end of our road, 60 metres away.

I have reported the fault, read my thread, my issue is getting BT to take responsibility for sorting it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

It would be Openreach that would be responsible for fixing it, on behalf of the Service Provider, which I assume in your case, is BT Retail.

If its not BT Retail, then you need to chase your own provider.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

from your update post it appears you have FTTP so what lights are on and colour shown on openreach modem ONT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Thanks. If you read my post then my issue is that I have chased BT Retail who don't want to take responsibility and who constantly lie ie today's Engineers visit again didn't happen as they promised it would. BT Retail pass the buck to Openreach which is still BT and so we go round in this loop of incompetence.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

BT Retail and openreach are 2 entirely separate companies within the BT Group  openreach work for all ISPs using openreach network

it's like comparing Screwfix and B&Q

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

The only area outstanding repair from the 24th is Hatfield Woodhouse, and affects 8 customers. Is this your exchange area.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Thank you but I know that and doesn't move me forward.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

No. Goring by Sea.

0 Ratings