cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How do I get FTTC?

Go to solution

I don't want to have FTTP so why is BT/Openreach not allowing me the choice. Others have ASDL and FTTP but I don't want either of them and want the FTTC. How can I get this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I get FTTC?

Go to solution

This is a BT Consumer forum , not Openreach, how can BT be limiting your choice when the   most obvious choice you have is not to use BT at all, so it’s odd you post here , but

The vast majority of the industry , government and media have bitterly complained about the lack of ‘full fibre’ , you apparently have it but don’t want it, OR step up and ‘promise’ to install FTTP, but apparently you cannot please everyone all the time.

Put another way , why should Openreach have the expense of providing two networks , a full fibre network , and a hybrid copper /fibre network in places where a FTTP has been provided, no one asks City Fibre to provide a copper service when they install their fibre services...it would make OR pretty costly in comparison don’t you think  ?

You don’t say why you want FTTC , I would hazard a guess that the provider you want to use doesn’t avail themselves of OR FTTP , so you cannot have their service....perhaps you should be asking whatever company you want to use why they don’t ‘sell’ OR FTTP under their brand, nothing is stopping them doing that.

So in answer to your question how do you get FTTC , ( if its FTTP only where you live ) ...move house to a FTTC area

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

which company is you ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I am fully aware of that, thank you.  There is only one company that would offer FTTC but because Openreach have the monopoly where I am and although they say you have the option they won't give it to you and BT won't either! We had actually ordered ADSL and then found they were installing Fibre and saying I didn't have a choice! I should know as I'm presently in dispute with BT over this precise issue and seem to be chasing my tail as nobody wants to take any responsibility for the massive mess up.

In addition, I'm not interested in what BT and Openreach are trying to push which is full fibre because unlike most people I know that full fibre is required to push 5G which has had no safety studies done at all and as it stands everything we already have is dangerous to health and environment. I will not argue this point because there are 1000s of documented cases and evidence to prove this point.

So my issue is with BT and Openreach equally.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

this forum is BT Retail and there is nothing anyone on here can do about your insistence on FTTC.  If openreach already provide FTTP to your home then they are not going to provide FTTC.  you can have your own views on FTTP and 5G but that is not going to change the fact there is no FTTC available at your home.  as already posted moving seems to be the option

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

There is not one documented case of FTTP or 5G to show a danger to health or the environment. There are thousands of conspiracy theories and fake ones though. A large section of the frequency has already beeen in use for years by tv & radio broadcasters, that is why over the past few years you've needed to retune your tv as the stations move to different frequencies to free up the bandwidth for 5G.

Off to dig out my tinfoil hat...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@bsb There isn't the slightest bit of logic in your ludicrous argument. You are saying that you would rather have FTTC delivered by a copper wire radiating EMF (harmless and less than the normal background radiation anyway) rather than a fibre which is totally 100% inert!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The fact remains that it’s the economics of the madhouse, for Openreach to install FTTP a network to service your ( presumably) new build property ( what the vast majority of stakeholders want to be installed ) and also install alongside it, a copper /fibre hybrid system for those like you that want to avoid FTTP and stick with ‘copper’ ADSL or VDSL.

Perhaps I’m being a little cynical but your refusal to use FTTP based on some ludicrous 5G conspiracy theory doesn’t ring true, chances are you ( incorrectly) think you have to use BT with OR FTTP, but you don’t other providers are available, and as already noted , you have posted on a BT Consumer forum, and I get the feeling you don’t want to use ‘BT’ , which is fine , you don’t have to, but why  post on a BT Consumer forum ?
I dare say that you would also complain if OR charged you twice as much for providing 2 networks, and gave you the choice of which to use.
My previous post may have been facetious but if you genuinely feel so strongly about this ,living somewhere else is really your only choice, even if it were possible for you to get a copper pair service ( and it isn’t ) your neighbours will be FTTP and that 5G signal will be coming to your area soon regardless.

0 Ratings