cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rmh56
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

How do I get my home connected to the FTTP aggregation point?

Go to solution

After years of waiting with an EO line, FTTP is on its way to me... aggregation points have been dug, ducting installed but no sign of the fibre. The nearest aggregation point is 20 metres from my house. Can anyone advice what the process is to get the final pieces installed? Openreach are shocking for communication.....thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I get my home connected to the FTTP aggregation point?

Go to solution

Enter yout phone number HERE, it will tell you if it is available yet.

Once it shows available contact the FTTP team to place your order. 0800 587 4787

Rmh56
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply! Does Openreach do no proactive contact at all?! So I just keep checking until it magically appears? It so much reminds me of getting a fixed line installed in the 1970s..BT would just turn up and install it in the hallway, no matter what your preference was.. great contact number though.. thanks again

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Openreach do not deal directly with the public, you are not their customer, your ISP is.

Although the aggrecation nodes and ducting have been installed there may still be connections to be made to the headend before it goes live.

You could always contact the FTTP team and they may make enquiries for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
You wouldn’t be connected to an Aggregation Node, it’ll be via a Connectorised Block Terminal that’s connected to a Splitter.

Also you don’t place an Order with Openreach, they’re just a Network Provider who sell it to ISP’s.

Once it’s live and available to Order you can place an Order with a ISP of your choice, although you’re very limited as there’s only a few ISP’s who sell it.

If you visit this site it’ll tell you which ISP’s sell it, some only sell it in specific areas of the U.K. though.

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-broadband/ultrafast-fibre-buy-...
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I think the general public view the CBT splitter as an aggregation node. You are correct as always though.Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Rmh56
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Well to me it’s just a box buried in the ground with a concrete lid with the BT logo! 🙂

0 Ratings