cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 1 of 53

How do i get BT to send out an engineer ?

Go to solution

Basically as the title says been having issues with the broadband in our home for a while called bt went through all the checks changeds filters did everything they asked it still happens an now more regularly my internet will cut out like once every couple days. With the message :WDG Laststatus:: # Current boot was caused by Power Reset in the event log so thinking faulty hub? But they for some reason are reluctant to send out a engineer every time i speak to them on the phone. I just want the issue fixed its been going on for months. Also sometimes the phone ringing will cause the hub to reset but once the hub has reset it will be fine for about 2/3 days an then the same things happens again. We have a Smart hub an Infinity any thoughts ?

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 53

Re: How do i get BT to send out an engineer ?

Go to solution

Connect directly to the test socket with a filter, do a quiet line test on 17070 option2 the line should be silent between announcements.

Post hub stats.

HH6 Advanced/technical log.

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 3 of 53

Go to solution

Done all of this 99% of the time quiet but sometimes the phone will ring an the internet will drop an the line will be noisy but after that one call it will be fine for a few days again then back to the same old routine. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 53

Go to solution

So it still happens when connected to the test socket?

BTW haven't seen the hub stats yet.

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 5 of 53

Go to solution

Yeah happens when connected to the test socket. 

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 6 of 53

Go to solution

bt pic.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 53

Go to solution

if router drops connection when connected to test socket  ( after trying a new filter) then you probably have a high resistance fault and new to phone 151 and report a phone fault NOT broadband  be insistent and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
NeilO
Message 8 of 53

Go to solution

@JackGJones Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be able to help you get an engineer visit sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

JackGJones
Contributor
Message 9 of 53

Go to solution

Thank you will do on my phone at the moment an when i click on your name i do not see the link but will be sure to check later when im home on the pc 🙂 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 53

Go to solution

@JackGJones I'm really sorry, it's there now. Smiley Embarassed