cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Sage
Message 21 of 53

Re: How do i get BT to send out an engineer ?

Go to solution

Our mods do a wonderful job, they are dedicated to get your issue resolved.

Even if by Friday you think thinds may be OK and the problem resolved @DanielS will have no problem with keeping it open for another week to make sure you are happy with the outcome.

Keep the thread updated please.

JackGJones
Contributor
Message 22 of 53

Go to solution

Ok so i have gotten the new hub as you said arrived on time perfect. Setup was fine was all working yesterday. However today it has cut out twice already so unfortunatly im assuming it is not the hub that is the issue 😞 was hoping it was but i guess not. The usual drop as well where the hub turns off goes through the booting process of orange light then back to a steady blue this will probs last a day or 2 and then repeat itself. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 53

Go to solution

if still getting same problems then looks like hub is not the problem  @DanielS will probably be able to help get engineer visit and will probably post/contact you shortly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 24 of 53

Go to solution

Thank you although i will say this time it was not as normal. Normally when im browsing or working etc on the PC the error just says you have no net coneection with then the hub resets an works again once rebooted this time i got the error message saying your Connection is not private then everything went down an hub reset. Might not be a thing just saying. We also have a set of Powerline adaptors i think they are called ? that connect to the hub via ethernet so that we can have the BT TV channels work any idea if that would be a issue ?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 53

Go to solution

there have been post with isuues with powerline adapters but I think they were tplink

connection not private is normally assocaited with your BTWIFI/FON connection not your home network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 26 of 53

Go to solution

The internet went down twice today once i was at work so had no idea on the reason but checked the DSL uptime. Other time was when i received a call on the landline the broadband dropped out an went through its power cycle like normal. Sometimes it cuts out when the phone is called maybe 1 in 15 calls other times it drops totally randomly. Any more help would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 27 of 53

Go to solution

@DanielS Unfortuntatly it seems since ive had the new hub that the problem has not gone in fact it has gotten worse that is probably just down to luck oppossed to the hub. It disconnected 7 times on wednesday 23rd may. A combination of random drops an drops when receving a phone call. Would appreciate if you could please help me set up a engineer visit as it makes working at home difficult with the broadband issues.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 28 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @JackGJones

Thanks for posting back and I'm sorry to see you're having connection problems with your broadband.

@DanielS isn't in the office at the moment but he is back again tomorrow.  I'll let him know that you've posted.  Is there a suitable day next week for you for an engineer to visit?  Appointments are Monday - Friday AM (08:00-13:00) or PM (13:00-18:00).

Let us know your availability next week and @DanielS will sort this out for you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 29 of 53

Go to solution

Hey thank you for the response an yeah shame the new hub did not work. In regards to the engineer visit Tuesday AM would be fine as i have the day off work. If that is not possible Wed Am could also work. Thank you an all the mod for trying to help me solve this. 🙂

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 30 of 53

Go to solution
Turns out i think its a noise or high resistance fault because now when i receive or call out from the landline. The broadband drops however it also drops randomly as well not just when phone rings. The phone line is terrible as well whilst dropping the broadband. Im not sure how this is fixable but its been going on for months.
0 Ratings