cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielS
Message 31 of 53

Re: How do i get BT to send out an engineer ?

Go to solution

Thanks @JackGJones.

I've requested an engineer for Tuesday morning between 8am and 1pm for you. This engineer is a line fault engineer so they will try and fix that side of it rather than the broadband side. If you still have problems afterwards please let me know and I'll look into arranging a broadband engineer. I'll be in office on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks

DanielS

JackGJones
Contributor
Message 32 of 53

Go to solution

Thank you that is perfect. The line when in use is what seems to be dropping out the broadband but it also does it without the phone being in use so not sure. In regards to if i need to request another engineer as you say the broadband engineer should i just reply that again in this thread ? Thank you for all the help thus far @DanielS and all the other mods 🙂 hopefully this is what will help me fix the problem 🙂

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 33 of 53

Go to solution
Yes, just report back here and @DanielS will get back to you.
DanielS
Message 34 of 53

Go to solution

@pippincp is right @JackGJones.

If you post up here I'll pick it up and arrange a broadband engineer with you. I can happily call you or else arrange it over the Community, whatever you prefer.

I've set a reminder to check in with you on Wednesday. If you need me on Tuesday please let me know here Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 35 of 53

Go to solution

Perfect communicating here is fine thank you for all the help 🙂 hopefully we can fix the issues 🙂

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 36 of 53

Go to solution

Hey just hand the engineer out. Because it was a intimittent fault the line Engineer found nothing basically was here for like 10mins an left again but told me to take notes of when the fault happens weather types etc. An that if it carrys on. Which im sure it will as my DSL time is never over 1day then to contact you on the forum again to get another engineer out.

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 37 of 53

Go to solution

Quick question in relation to the visit i had today 🙂 Will i be charged for it as the engineer literally came into the house plugged in something to Master socket said if its intimmitent he cant do anything then left? Like it was mentioned before it was intimmitent so that was hardly a surprise. Also there was no like testing or looking at wiring in the socket itself simply just tested line from socket an went. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 38 of 53

Go to solution

You won't be charged.

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 39 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply i was just being asked by the other half haah 🙂 you know how it is. Lets see if anything has changed if not then i guess ill book another engineer.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 53

Go to solution

Hopefully you'll get a proper one next time that is prepared to put a bit of effort in trying to determine the cause of the intermittent fault.

0 Ratings