cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: How is FTTP installed?

Yeah there is like a tree blocking it I’m pretty sure so I’d thought it would be easier to get the council to sort that issue out rather than install a whole new pole since there is one in the area 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Depends on how far away the pole is from your property as there are restrictions on the length of an overhead cable.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Yeah the pole is in distance and it’s only been installed a few years ago but it’s just that it’s been placed in a small area where the trees and that will overgrow it again and cause more problems down the line so they informed me a new pole has to been installed in a better location but it’s the matter of possibly waiting months for that to be done 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

How do they install it? BADLY is the answer.

I am fuming today - I've been mucked around by BT and Openreach for 6 months now and gave up trying to upgrade my line as they just couldnt sort it out.  Ordered a new one, and all the checks were done in advanced (so they say) and he arrives and cannot run the cable as he had a blockage.. that they are supposed to have checked before the appointment.. so now back to the drawing board and more fecking hassle with these IDIOTS.

So annoyed

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

@MattUK Yikes, hope you get it sorted soon.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

@MattUKThey don't go around rodding ducts to check for a blockage. You shouldn't have any further hassel as the insstall engineer will have reported the blockage. A dig team will be sent out to clear it and then the install will progress.

You don't have to do anything at all.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Oh how I wish I could believe you, as BT in their infinite wisdom have now ceased all my services, so TV, Broadband and Phone all gone..   USELESS

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

I just checked my property on the broadband checker and it says the following:

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed hoist required.

Does this mean it'll come from the pole to where my telephone line is currently at (by the kitchen window)? I was hoping to have it come around the other side of the house where the living room is, but would they be able to route it around the house along the walls?

@johnhorton88wrote:

Go to this link - https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Enter your address details and it should come up at the bottom of the page something like

"Single Dwelling unit OH/UG feed" if a standard property or a Multi dwelling unit if you live in a tower/apartment complex.

OH = The service will be above ground from the nearest telephone pole.

UG = They will use the underground telephone ducts to provide service.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

That means the engineer requires a hoist vehicle to be able to reach the pole.

My experience with an overhead installation was the engineer wasn't really happy with routing the fibre around the side of the house to where I wanted the ONT originally, he used health and safety and covid safety as the reasons.

We ended up agreeing the fibre could enter through the front upstairs bedroom.

I ended up routing a thin ethernet cable across the skirting to where I originally wanted my setup (the rear bedroom)

He arrived around 9:15 and left at like 10:45.

I think you could pay to have the ONT moved after install, I believe it's £85.

0 Ratings