cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

How is a Fibre 1 Connection Throttled for Essential?

As title, how is a 52mbps Fibre 1 connection throttled to provide the reduced speeds for Essential? Just by line profile or something else?

Reason being I've changed from Essential to Fibre 1 but still limited to 36mbps with a 40mbps sync speed. Having been on Fibre 1 before I know the line will support 42mbps down.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How is a Fibre 1 Connection Throttled for Essential?

The max connection speed is capped depending on fibre package selected 40/55/80mb

enter your phone number and post results     https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Can you post hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

BT.jpg

BT2.jpg

I'm guessing that the 40mbps link rate has been manually set to throttle the speed & needs removing?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

You were on fibre 1 in June and then moved to Essential and have now moved back to fibre 1?

if you check MYBT what package does it show is current package?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

No, was on Essential up until Friday when I recontracted. That order complete on Monday. So that June figure is either an anomaly or just plain wrong. 52mb is the theoretical maximum for Fibre 1. I would never get that were I am, 42mb is the best I've ever had.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

BT3.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Can you post full router stats not just abbreviated version.  The essential package doesn't have 10mb up speed. The stats from June look like fibre 1 speed with high up speed as well

are you having connection problems with line dropping or maybe resets trying to get faster speed or maybe even both

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I've consistently had upload of around 9mb while on Essential. As I said, the Figures are theoretical maximums which could never be achieved.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

The speed recorded by dslchecker are from your router on 11 june

full router stats?

you can get exactly 40mb connection speed with an unstable connection in a banded profile so stats will help clarify

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

There are no more router stats available. Not sure why the focus on what might have happened once in June rather what's happened consistently over the course of the contract.

0 Ratings