cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

How is my BT ONT box powered as it has no plug?

How is my BT ONT box powered as it has no plug?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: How is my BT ONT box powered as it has no plug?

What does it look like? Are the green lights lit on top of it?

If it's all dark, then it needs a power supply. Some came with a battery back up unit which provides power for a limited time, but the power plug is still needed.

If you contact BT or whomever is your current Internet provider, then they should be able to send a new plug out for you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

The ONT should have a power adapter which plugs into bottom of ONT and into mains power

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

There is no plug, the green connector loops out via a very thin grey cable into a plastic disc which is fixed to the wall and the cable goes through the wall to outside.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Have you just moved to the property and it has an ONT already fitted or have you just had fibre provided?

If the former, I guess the previous occupier has taken the power lead for some bizarre reason. If the latter, how was it tested when fitted if it didn't have a power lead.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

the green connector if like mine id the fibre connection from my CSP ( junction box where external fibre joins internal fibre)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Sorry I should have been clearer in my original post.

I'm an existing customer and have had no internet since yesterday afternoon, it was working fine then all of a sudden purple lights were flashing on the hub and the internet was down, I called BT and the lady was asking what lights were on on the ONT box and I told her none were on.

Went through the usual turn off and back on procedure to no avail the she booked an engineer but they aren't coming until tomorrow.

I'm just curious to how the ONT box is powered as like I said there is no plug.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

are there 3 cable connected to ONT

ONT  + internal CSPONT + internal CSP

white is power, red is ethernet and green fibre on mine

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Wow you sir are a legend haha my white power cable was not connected to the box it was just loose amongst the other cables under my desk, I never even noticed it.

I was on the phone to the BT lady for ages last night and she even viewed the box through my mobile camera and she never picked up the missing cable, she assumed the power came through the fire cable from outside.

All fixed now thanks very much everyone 😃

Message 10 of 13

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to cancel your Openreach visit if it’s no longer needed .
0 Ratings