cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

How long before fttp available to order?

About 3 weeks ago when returning home, two men from openreach were running cables in the duct outside my house (there's a rectangular access cover on the pavement about 15m away). Out of interest, I asked what they were doing and he explained that BT were running fibre in the whole neighbourhood (Kintore Cabinet 1), and this would enable us to order FTTP.  Having previously been quoted £12.5k for FTTPoD a few years ago, you can imagine how good this news was.

He said that we should be able to order it within about a week. Indeed, the Openreach website now says it will be available soon, but the checker still says FTTP not available - I have been checking ever other day for the past 3 weeks!

I called BT who confirmed the same thing - that FTTP was not showing as available and that I couldn't order it until Openreach updated their database to show it as available.

Does anyone know typically how long it takes for it to be shown as available to order, and if there's any way to accelerate the process - can I email or phone anyone to get them to update their database? 

Many Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How long before fttp available to order?

For me 1.5 months from first boots on ground to available to order. This was all existing ducts and man holes, no digging etc - although they did have incentive as Cityfibre were digging at the same time laying their new gigafast infastructure.
Message 3 of 11

there is not set timescale and only openreach will know when your area is likely to go live.  you just need to keep checking dslchecker and when you see available phone 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 11

About the same time for me.

First visible sign was the blue pull ropes being installed to each property (to simplify pulling the fibre through from the underground CBTs)

My engineer/go live scheduled for this Friday coming!

Message 5 of 11

Best not to get too excited as we saw fibre been pulled through ducts with blue rope on 22nd March 2017

Still waiting right now although we are very close to completion.

Fingers crossed for you though. 🙂

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 6 of 11

Just to advise , my full fibre went live last Friday on the scheduled date. For me this was just under two months from the day that the Openreach engineers ran the blue rope from the the house to the nearest chamber and CBT.

Message 7 of 11

Hi John,

Just in case you hadn't seen, FTTP is now orderable. I live in Kintore and connected to Cab 1, order placed and due for install on the 12th August.

Thanks,

Michael.

Message 8 of 11

@mforrestFTTP doesn't come from a cab.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi Michael,

thats fantastic news. Still not showing as available for me, but hopefully it will only be a matter of weeks or a couple of minutes months at most.

John

Message 10 of 11

Finally showed up as available to order on Sunday morning (many thanks to mforrest for the heads up) and ordered yesterday via telephone as the only Fibre 900 option online as an existing customer included the wifi discs which I don't need. Happy days 🙂