cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 41 of 62

Re: How long does it take for a cabinet to get power......

Go to solution
I thought that but the lady I spoke to said it was to ensure I got the best speed! But this was never communicated or is flagged on the order screen when you upgrade online.

But she seems a to think it's normal. We had a little debate after I was told Openreach don't do Saturday's but I know this is wrong as they do Saturday visits for one of our clients in work. So we shall see. Either way I'm hoping I get some progress on Saturday. I have my HH5 and the dual socket faceplate (this was fitted by Openreach 2 years ago!)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 62

Go to solution

so basically you are ready to go and just need engineer to link you up at cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 43 of 62

Go to solution
Yeah. Which is why I opted for self install. Which seemed to be the logical thing.

We only have laptops and tablets. So the other devices that need the hub are close enough to be connected straight up.

Anyway I'm hoping Saturday will be the end to this saga!
0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 44 of 62

Go to solution

So yeah Laura doesnt know how a calander works and the appointment as booked for Monday, however Openreach rejected that request and are determinded its the 25th before they will connect me as they dont expedite requests... or work weekends. Also its not a home visit I have had booked just a cabinet visit.

There was an openreach guy at the cabinet the other day maybe I should have asked him to connect me!

So now its a lucky dip as to when or if I willeer be connected

This has been an aboslute mess and now I am being billed for fibr and stck on ASDL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 62

Go to solution

You're get refunded for the time you've been without service if you request it.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 46 of 62

Go to solution
Today is apparently the day and this appears to be backed up by the wholesale checker which I hope is good news!

I'll be asking for the billing to adjusted to today for fibre.. Then of cause I have to hope the speeds are as promised....
0 Ratings
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 47 of 62

Go to solution

Well Im on and having a cracking profile 39 up and 9 down

Except I ordereed infinity 2 but thats only a minor detail!

Waiting for a call back for some information!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 62

Go to solution

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

This will show if you are on Infinity 1 or 2.

If you are on Infinity 1 the up IP profile will show as 10Mbps and if on Infinity 2 it will show as 20Mbps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 49 of 62

Go to solution

No because I can't make them small enough on my phone! 

Its definitely infinity 1 as its nearly maxed out on both. 

Like me I said though waiting on a call back from the Twitter team who should be sorting it out.

right now I'm more than happy with 38 mb which is a massive improvement on 1.6!! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 62

Go to solution

It was to see if you could get Infinity 2 speeds because as you have said " its nearly maxed out on both".  If you are not getting the max on Infinty 1 it would be pointless getting Infinity 2. 

0 Ratings