cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 51 of 62

Re: How long does it take for a cabinet to get power......

Go to solution

Well yesterday was the day. Ordered 2nd Feb, finally activated for infinity 2 on 4th March

Managing to hit 76/20 on my laptop and very similar on my phone and wireless on my laptop. It's the end of a long and frustrating wait of 2.5 years nearly. 

0 Ratings
loopyonion
Beginner
Message 52 of 62

Go to solution

So glad your sorted, we are still.. sat at 3 meg with 2 kids and a wife, plus me battering the connection. Openreach checker says that we are back to DESIGN stage? yet the boxes are within 200m distance of the house. 

Really taking the pi$$ now, even speaking to local councillors, nothing seems to happen.

The date just keeps dropping back, and 4g is not an option, as coverage is very poor.

I would be interested in speaking to the twitter team, or anyone who actually has some INFO 🙂

0 Ratings
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 62

Go to solution
Can I ask which cabinet is the one your on?. I'm still waiting in Prescot!
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 62

Go to solution

@loopyonion

only openreach will have the information about your cabinet.  Ihave one in my area been waiting for power for 2 years

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 55 of 62

Go to solution

@Barto I'm in Haydock.

Theres also a cabinet 39 in Prescot and I think this caused some confusion earlier in the thread

0 Ratings
Barto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 62

Go to solution
I'm on cabinet 1 in Prescot. It's been years now. Www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx has had me on "connect" for a long time!
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 57 of 62

Go to solution

@loopyonion 

Only openreach have this information and its hard to get an answer

There is a contact form on their website you can use and you'll have to keep trying until a human answers.

This was the only useful information I found.

The BT care team are great once they have info from openreach.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 58 of 62

Go to solution

here is the openreach form  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
loopyonion
Beginner
Message 59 of 62

Go to solution
Cabinet number: 34 apparently, if i check the cabinets further away, towards prescot, but the same exchange in St Helens, then that date is 4 months. Awaiting for power... But.. we know that takes 2-4 years for power to be turned on.
0 Ratings
loopyonion
Beginner
Message 60 of 62

Go to solution
Thanks 🙂 Sent!
0 Ratings