cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: How to Check Full Fibre Rollout?

I'm in EH15 1NB and the map says the main build is finished - but I know there's nothing in my street, nor in Portobello High Street.

Message 12 of 23

According to my BT Home page, Full Fibre is available to me. However I have found out it is NOT yet.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

@Paul608085Thanks for that. I remember that map from the past but was unable to find it this time around. As you imply, it is not partocularly helpful since it simply suggests that FTTP will be available in the future. Not great when trying to decide whether tos tick or move to the likes of Virgin who currently do provide a better service in the area. But then, maybe this is why BT and other providers do not want this info openly available since they would lose customers to providers like Virgin.

As for the comment that it is not BT's responsibilty to provide this information to their customers as they are only customers of Openreach. I am afraid that one doesn't cut it for me. I think BT and other providers have a responsibilty to provide their customers with this sort of info and I am sure that somewhere in their planning, they must have some indication of the rollout since it would affect their business with Openreach. Broadband has proved over the years to be a bit of a lottery in terms of performance. I don't see why we should have to accept the 'nothing to do with me' attitude.

Message 14 of 23

Whether it cuts it with you or not is immaterial. ISP's including BT only sell what Openreach says is available. They have no information on where or when FTTP is or will be available in any area.

Message 15 of 23

Wow, looking at that map it's pretty shocking to me how much of the UK does not have full fibre coverage yet. I know it takes time and lots of resources but from the adverts on TV and the the copper switch off you would think that pretty much all of the UK already has access to full fibre by now. 😮

Message 16 of 23

Don't forget nothing in the UK ever gets done on time assuming it's ever completed.
Message 17 of 23

The PSTN switch off in December 2025 and the the rollout if FTTP are not the same thing , copper pairs for some will be around for many years .

The rollout of FTTP is taking place at an astonishing pace 

Message 18 of 23

I suspect that OR won't be here for a long time: we have Virgin and CityFibre in the street (whereas my copper line comes from a lane behind.  I've discussed the fibre route with CF when they connected my neighbours to TalkTalk - and they had a plan to do that (not straightforward).  But I'm put off by disconnecting from BT: creating and changing to a new email address, transferring telephone number.  I don't want TV, sport etc.  I might just linger on until the last gasp.

Message 19 of 23

Sadly BT/Openreach, are not able to confirm when full fibre will be available in my area. Contract up soon and will most likely move to Trooli who actually offer full fibre at my location. Cheap too, £1.00 a month for 4 months then £30.00 a month. Wifi 6 router included too.

Message 20 of 23

I had two young lads call, about a month ago, promising me that Openreach would start laying fibre in my street in a couple of weeks or so.  The promise also included the fact that I could get full fibre (when it arrived) at the same price I was paying for my Internet connection over copper cable. So I agreed to switch from Vodafone to BT, even though my contract with Vf was still live, thinking that I would soon have an ultra-fast Internet connection for my new 4k TV.  I checked with Openreaxh this morning to find out when Openreach plan to start laying cable, only to find that they have NO PLANS AT ALL to start in my area. I am now royally p¿$$€d off for believing them and at myself for not checking properly first. I have to assume that they were being paid by the number of people they managed to "convert" to BT. Has anyone else come across this wayward practice?

0 Ratings