cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maynard1987
Message 1 of 5

How to find out when 80/20 will be available to me ?

Go to solution

Hi folks

I was wondering if there is any way of finding out when my cabinet will be going to the 80/20 circuit ?

Just a quick background on my BB, I've recently ( 27th April ) had infinity installed and the engineer from openreach told me that my circuit is still on the 40/10 system, and he wasn't sure when the circuit would be upgraded.

I'm more than happy with my new speeds of 22mb and 3 mb up, but would be nice to get even faster speeds for the same price.Smiley Happy

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to find out when 80/20 will be available to me ?

Go to solution
What does it say when you put our number into the Infinity checkerhttp://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_infinit...

The new 80MB is already available to everyone, but considering your download speeds at the moment, i would stay put, since the new 80Mb uses higher frequencies, over a longer distance of copper wire would cause DLM a software on your line to work hard, which may cause decreased speeds for stabilisation.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
maynard1987
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The speed checker, says that I should receive 15.7mb , the same speed as it did when I first ordered infinity.

I take it that with my speeds being near the lower end of the Numb range, the 80/20 product wouldn't really benefit me, but would prob make the speeds slower? According the the openreach engineer we are about half a mile away from our cabinet.

Like I said before I'm more than happy with the new speeds, we was only getting 2.5mb previously from sky so its all happy days Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Yea i would definitely stay put, since your receiving more than predicted which is great! half a mile away is quite far!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Agree with Aaron, you'll not see an improvement by moving to the 80/20 service as it's effectively just an increase in the maximum rate you can connect at. As you're not hitting 40 you obviously can't go above that.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’