cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 21

Re: How to get BT Home Hub 4?

So when I get the BT Home Hub 4 is there an option to transfer old settings to the new one?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

if you recontract and nothing wrong with your existing hub then I think unlikely you will get a free HH4.  if something should happen to your HH3 then you could easily get a replacement which more than likley will be a HH3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
martpu
Expert
Message 13 of 21

@imjolly wrote:

if you recontract and nothing wrong with your existing hub then I think unlikely you will get a free HH4.  if something should happen to your HH3 then you could easily get a replacement which more than likley will be a HH3

The relevant part of the BT press release that John provided in message 6 does suggest you will.

In fairness, I've had no problems with my HH3 in the 18 or so months I've owned it but if a recontract means getting a HH4 for free, knowing that I've no intention of leaving in the next 12-18 months, then I certainly won't refuse one!  I probably won't see any benefits over the HH3 but I have to say, it is a sexy little piece of kit!

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 21

Exactly what I am going to do! I'll just recontract the same contract! That way... I get a longer contract and a FREE BT HOME HUB!!

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 15 of 21

Well I hope I can get one still as I recontracted over the weekend to get 50gb cloud, uncapped p2p, and BT sport before I saw that a homehub 4 was available and I imagine I am not the only one.

Surely they should allow us to recontract again in June to get one as I imagine there will be a lot of backlash from customers who added the sport package not realising the new hub was available next month, I know I would be angry if I couldn't get one. I am very happy with my infinity and will happily recontract to get the new Hub as I have no intention of leaving BT anytime soon.
0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 21

short while ago I recontracted for totally unlimited . Going to recontract for btsports . Going to recontract for HH4 . I hope when they want us to recontract in the next 2 months its for 2 cases of beer Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 17 of 21

I have no problem recontracting, I love my infinity connection and its fairly reliable.

Indian call centres annoy me, I rang up to get my ip profile reset as my wifi scanner picked up new homehubs in the area and my speed had dropped by 15mb so I presumed during the neighbours connections they had caused problems with mine, after 4 days of being passed from pillar to post and nobody knowing what to do an openreach engineer randomly turned up at my door on Good Friday, he called hq and they reset my ip profile and voila back upto correct speed and no problems since, but it shouldn't have taken 4 days and hours of phone calls to get something as simple as an ip profile reset.

However even after all that I am happy with my service and have no intention of leaving so I will happily sign on again for a free homehub 4
0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 18 of 21

the bt press release states that only new customers will be eligable for a hh4 in may, all existing customers cannot recontract to get a new hh4 until sometime in june so anyone trying to do it now is a bit too early to be eligable

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 19 of 21

Yeah I know we won't be able to get it until June, however what I am worried about is people who recontracted this weekend to get BT sport after the big ad campaign (myself included) are they still able to recontract again in June to get the Hub 4 as I imagine quite a few people will be trying it and if they can't get it I imagine they will be proper angry as the Hub 4 hasn't been advertised yet and only a small press release making its rounds over the Internet.
0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 20 of 21

i understand what you mean and i really do not know how that will work, i will be watching closely to see how things go, i dont have any interest in sports so that does not effect me but i am interested in how things pan out

0 Ratings