Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shall755
Beginner
Message 1 of 31

How to get FTTP - strange issue with our property specifically

Go to solution

Hello All

We have just realised that all the surrounding properties have access to fibre to premises FTTP and we are still stuck on fibre to cabinet FTTC.

We live on a farm and all the surrounding properties on the farm itself have access to the FTTP.  These properties are part of the same overall property and postcode, so we have three cottages located about 50m away and a bungalow located 50m away that are rented out. These properties all have access to FTTP.

For some unknown reason we only have access to FTTC, which means we are unable to increase our upload/download. Does anyone know why this might be?

Can anyone advise who we could contact to change to FTTP, it makes no sense to me as to why we would not be able to have access to this since the properties next to us can. We have tried going through OpenReach and they are impossible to deal with.

Thanks

Scott

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: How to get FTTP - strange issue with our property specifically

Go to solution

are you a BT business user?

enter your phone number and post results  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
shall755
Beginner
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks, will get the details posted. I do not think the phone number is active anymore but will see what I can get.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

are you a business user?

your phone line must be active otherwise FTTC broadband will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shall755
Beginner
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

We have two lines coming into the house, one is a business account and the house account is not. 

We have active lines but our phone numbers are not active anymore.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

If you have active lines you have active numbers.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

If you dial 17070 it will tell you the number.

shall755
Beginner
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution
We do not have a landline phone here anymore, it used to be 01750 32233 for the phone number but the checker tells me this doesnt exist. We know it looks like it is one digit short but it has always been that way
0 Ratings
shall755
Beginner
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

Do you know where I can get the access line  ID or UPRN from?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

A £5 telephone is a cheap investment as a test tool when you have broadband problems and could possibly save you the £85 call out charge from Openreach