Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 20

Re: How to leave BT

Go to solution

There is another thread recently where someone did appear to have been put on a 40/10 profile after doing something with their BT Tv package  or similar and had to get help from the Mods. Was BT sports.

This thread  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Fibre-broadband/WHAT-HAS-HAPPENED-TO-MY-FIBRE-BROADBAND-SPEE...

0 Ratings
Gary2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
Thanks for the link. It looks very much like the problem I have. It dropped down to 40Meg when I cancelled BT tv
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@Gary2018 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Gary2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution
The BT engineer arrived yesterday. He tested the line and didn't understand why I was only getting 40Meg. He showed me his screen which said my profile was 40 download 10 upload, as before. He, like the previous engineer, said that BT need to amend my profile back to 55 download. Spoke to BT today and he didn't help much again and said that it would be escalated to his manager who would call me tomorrow. It's always tomorrow. No one can sort this out and no one at BT seems to be able to sort it out.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Did you contact the mods as invited?

0 Ratings
Gary2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution
Yes on Sunday but not heard back as yet
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Gary2018,

I've had a look at our email queue and can confirm that we have your details. We've been extremely busy these last few days so please accept my apology for the delaying getting to you. One of my colleague from the for team will be in touch later on today all going well.

Thanks

PaddyB

Gary2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
Thank you Paddy
0 Ratings
Gary2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution
I had a call from Stuart from the community team just after 5 yesterday and he said he could see my profile was set at 40. He put in a request to have it changed to 55, as it should be and it would take 24 hours or so to go through. I woke up this morning and tested it and found the speed has been put right. I had 50+ on speed test and my profile shows 55 on the smart hub.

Thank you very much Stuart for your help. Next time there is a problem I will come through here to have it sorted rather than trying to explain to the people on the phone every day for pretty much a month what the problem was while being told that I was wrong.
0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Gary2018

Really glad to hear the speeds are back up where they should be. really glad I was able to help.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings