Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WMBGraham
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

How to move to a closer Cabinet?

Hi all,

Last year we lost all internet when our local cabinet went live after an uplift in the area. We were then moved (Temp) to another cabinet further away but we got back in and working, after a while...  11 months later and we are still in the (temp) cabinet and have seen average speeds of 5mpbs, although we were on around 17 before... Two providers later and eleven months down the line, how do we get back into the posh new Cabinet that has been uplifted for our area?

Our local exchange code is NISTF, we are in Cabinet P1, P8 is where I've been told is only down the road and would estimate 30mbs and was uplifted December last year. P1 is around 3miles maybe away, P8 600meters.

Fibre CabinetFibre StatusPhaseProperties
Passed
VendorApprox
Post Code
Cabinet P1  FTTC Available from 24th November 2010  NI Phase 3   158  Huawei  BT28 2NU  
Cabinet P2  FTTC Available from 15th June 2012  NI Phase 7b   183  Huawei  BT28 2NY  
Cabinet P3  FTTC Available from 22nd January 2011  NI Phase 5   229  Huawei  BT28 3AW  
Cabinet P4  Openreach fibre not available        BT28 3TH  
Cabinet P5  FTTC Available from 5th August 2014  Phase BDUK NI 12a   139  Huawei  BT28 3ST  
Cabinet P8  FTTC Available from 9th December 2017  Phase SEP NI 19a   91  Huawei  BT28 3QZ  

Please help, Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to move to a close Cabinet

Only Openreach can answer that. It can take months for migration to a new cabinet if that is what Openreach intend to happen.

WMBGraham
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this. I cant get intouch with Openreach, I've tried and they keep pushing me back to my Provider. Who then say its Openreach and they will put a request in for this to be raised. No one is taking ownership of this and asking the provider to push this means I've no oversight of the request of responce. If I could tally the amount of time spent on this so far it would be in days, both myself and my wife have tried.

A standard reply is that the line testing comes back fine. I accept this answer as it is correct. I can not find a way of proving that the service has been reduced and needs to be returnd to the way it was, or better as the infrastructure has now been uplifted.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 8

Your provider cannot take ownership of this as it is all down to Openreach. If the initial move to another cab was only temporary then eventually you will be moved back.

As I said it can take months as it's not as easy as you would think. If Openreach have planned for it to happen it will. When is another matter.

alan2000
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

as a fellow NI BT user i was in a similar sort of predicament as you for quite a long time

the answer is contained in this thread and Im delighted with my new service at 36 down 6 up compared to 3 down 0.6 up 

you need to activate a ' cease and reprovide' - you may get a new landline number but in these days of spam calls thats a bonus!!

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-Super-Fibre-Plus-disaster-so-far/td-p/1885604

0 Ratings
alan2000
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

may not be completely analogous as you may have a technical reason for the new closer cabinet not being live yet
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 8

It is highly unlikely a  cease and reprovide would work as exisiting cable would be used.

If that cable is still connected to the temp cab...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
alan2000
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

yes you may be right- I may have misunderstood the problem which is different from my own which did get solved with a ' cease and reprovide'

0 Ratings