cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert5
Message 51 of 57

Re: How to order FTTP on Demand when availability checker says you can get it!

I have been looking at this thread for some time now, and agree with infinityandbeyond's frustration. I have a company that needs faster broadband speeds, and for years have been waiting for this. My office is Twenty meters from the pavement and just over one year ago I used to take cups of coffee to the Openreach team installing fibre down the whole street, fascinating to see how fibre is installed through ducting (not pulled but blown with compressed air) as to not damage fibre cables due to there fragility. I digress, I like  infinityandbeyond's I searched Openreach's site for my availabilities, and low and behold I could get FTTP on demand ???. I already was aware of FTTP and its colossal price to receive nearly £700 a month. receiving just about 10 meg a min, at best, I thought wheres the fairness in home owners getting upto 76meg for £20 and me paying that amount (please dont argue about Contested/Uncontested). Back to on demand and how to order it, after umpteen phoncalls to BT sales to be continually told I can have FTTP on demand, (offered by BT themselves through BTconnect) then being told that BTconnect cant supply it Smiley Mad Then through research find Future telecoms can but with installation costs of £7000 and £360 a month you think what the F*** is going on, I can get FTTP 100/megabit. for £320 per month free install. 3 year contract, and I still think that's extortionate. As I stated 30 meters from the street and say 40 in total from the Node. My thoughts £500 and no more to have FTTP installed. I think BT should be hung drawn and quartered ripping business of.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 57

FTTP on Demand is the same installation and rental price whether you want it for home or business. At the moment, only business suppliers offer it, as at the prices it costs, it's not a viable product for home users.

You also ought to use paragraphs.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
FirstOne
Beginner
Message 53 of 57

After some research on how to get FTTP on Demand on my broadband here in UK i ended up to this forum and was surprised about the costs and how hard it is to get one. I live in Romania and i have to share with you my cost and speeds back home. Back in the cities you have providers coming with all kinds of offers that a 1Gbps Fibre with TV and phone included is around 10 GBP free installation and at my parents house at the country side literally 100km from nearest city i have 100 Mbps up/down speed. This makes me wonder why here in Great Britain the internet quality is so low and overpriced ? might be the low number of competitors ?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 54 of 57

It is one of the things Margaret Thatcher will be remembered for.

Lnik

0 Ratings
JEH
Beginner
Message 55 of 57

This doesn't answer your question but in February 2015, I did a check for my customer to see what speed they could get, this was the astonishing result -  Yes, they now have 300Mbps broadband for the same price as anybody else on BT Fibre ~ £50/month.

PastedGraphic-1.png

At the time they ordered it, their broadband was FTTC at about 0.5Mbps since they were so far from Godalming exchange. Fibre was installed including going above the road and across to the premises for a basic fee - less than £100 as I remember.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 57

Hi JEH

This thread is over six years old with the last post being made over two years ago so you may not get a reply from the posters on the thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 57

@gg30340 wrote:

Hi JEH

This thread is over six years old with the last post being made over two years ago so you may not get a reply from the posters on the thread.

another good reason why old threads should be locked

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings