cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 57

Re: How to order FTTP on Demand when availability checker says you can get it!

snap  lol

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 57

?
You edited your post after I had posted.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 57

no way

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
2infinityandbeyond
Contributor
Message 14 of 57

Hi imjolly and ray_dorset

You are both correct! I am 2.6Km from the Cab (which does have FTTC available). This is the cable length not 'as the crow flys'. I spent a considerable amount of time pursuing FTTC only to be told that my copper 'D' side is to long.

This is why im hoping that 'FTTP on Demand' will be the product for me. I could accept large install cost (to a point!) as am trying to run a business from here as well.

I still dont understand how to get the ball rolling, get an estimate and hopefully place an order?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 57

I know Plusnet have a trial
http://community.plus.net/fibre-to-the-premises-fttp-on-demand-faq/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 57

You will be able to order it only when the ISP's decide to offer it. Currently none are selling it and only a few are trialing it.

0 Ratings
2infinityandbeyond
Contributor
Message 17 of 57

Thanks Deathtrap3000, do you know or does anyone else for that matter know, when i will be able to order FTTP on Demand?

I dont know any other industry that spends millions inventing a new product that people want, tests the product, markets the product, but doesn't actually want to sell it!!

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 57

They haven't specifically marketed it yet and I don't think they will even when they do start selling it as it carries a very high price tag.

Can just imagine the adverts, new even faster infinity up to 300mbps subject to survey and installation costs from £700 + whatever the monthly cost is plus a 3? (i think) year contract.

0 Ratings
2infinityandbeyond
Contributor
Message 19 of 57

I appreciate it's expensive, but from my businesses point of view i can cope with a one-off hit as the monthly on-going cost will be nearer top-end broadband prices, i.e. not too bad. Compare this to the £55k installation cost + £1k per month ongoing BT quoted me for a leased line, and you'll see why im keen!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 57

wonder how close it will be to the £55k for getting fibre 2.6km to your home - when someone eventually offers it

0 Ratings